Recent content by bll

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. B

wanted 26 coaster wheel

Yes.
  2. B

wanted 26 coaster wheel

it'd be super awesome if i could find a 2 speed kickback coaster wheel but single speed would be fine too. i found found a 19080's jamis boss cruiser in the woods i'm bringing back to life for our family beach trips
  3. B

My Chrome Cruiser build.

great call, i'll do it.
  4. B

My Chrome Cruiser build.

exactly, that was the goal, simple and clean as possible.
  5. B

My Chrome Cruiser build.

I must say it rides great as is. I'm already used to the bars and as long as I keep my rear axle tight,tire rub shouldn't ever be an issue. I did try........and fail, to do a sweet curb jump on the maiden voyage, which yanked the chain off and sent the tire into the stay. :headbang: I was...
  6. B

My Chrome Cruiser build.

She's done for now. I went a little too wide on the tires and not quite tall enough on the bars and it's keeping me up at night. Took her out for a few rides this weekend and am very happy overall.
  7. B

My Chrome Cruiser build.

hey guys, question. what's the protocol on the spacing of crank arm/spindle/bolt situation? seems like i want to have the spindle bolt end sunk in just enough so the tapered crank bolts cinch it all together as opposed to bottoming out on the spindle and leaving it jiggly. hope that made sense.
  8. B

My Chrome Cruiser build.

it's coming along, do they make chrome tires? :21::bigsmile::dance2: i filed the current axle and obviously got it to fit for now.
  9. B

My Chrome Cruiser build.

Dizzle, thanks a million, Porkchop is in my backyard and I ordered it.
  10. B

My Chrome Cruiser build.

hey guys, need some help. front wheel will not mount in the forks. any advice? is there a smaller diameter axel i could use? in the top pic, the axle won't slide in, in the bottom pic, it won't slide out!
  11. B

My Chrome Cruiser build.

Bars and a couple of chainwheels came. I'm closing in on a set of wheels.
  12. B

SHOW US YOUR KLUNKERZ

13. B

My Chrome Cruiser build.

Hello Friends, opening this thread to track this beach cruiser build. Started off as a frame and fork found on the internet. I've wanted a chrome Bassett Star Cruiser for about one year now. Frankly I had moved on but one popped up for sale and frankly, without thinking to much, snatched it...
  14. B

REDUCED 1980 Schwinn Cruiser - Parting Out - New Stuff Too!

GLWS. btw yours was my favorite of that build off.
  15. B

Tires for Strandie build

Had a mail call today! this frame is a work of art.
Back