Green Roadmaster

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is one that arrived this week. Likely early 70s amf Roadmaster, unusual in that it has 26 x 1 3/8" tires! Looks like a regular middleweight frame, but seems all original, almost minty besides some tan overspray on one side. Cool shade of green too, close to Schwinn campus green. It was listed on ebay a couple times before, but pricey. Finally it got down to where I felt I could make a fair offer, and won it! It has a strange reflector layout, a white one on the back of the seat, and a red one on the front wheel! Quality control on break that day? Going to post it in the street skinny thread too, only it's factory! :mrgreen: -Adam
AMFRoadmastergreen.jpg

Im not a huge fan of cantilever frames, but there is something about that one I like. I think its the curve of the seatstay, its sexy for some crazy reason

:shock: schweet!! I'd ride that!

how tall is the frame? I might try some EA1's on my cosmic liner if they'll fit ... :x

skillsthebarber said:
Im not a huge fan of cantilever frames, but there is something about that one I like. I think its the curve of the seatstay, its sexy for some crazy reason

That curved seat stay is a reminate of the original CWC (Cleveland Welding Co.) lines that frame originated from over the years (from CWC to AMF ownership of the Roadmaster name). Diggin the fact that its got 26 x 1 3/8th wheels. Betcha it gives you a lighter feeling on the road. I like that bike, but I am biased.

I'll join the chorus saying I like the lines of this bike. You dun guud!

Back