You had me at DAHON

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
A good neighbor is moving house and as I was riding by he pointed me to a couple of bikes he was tossing to the curb. He had me at Dahon, but I saw parts potential in the '70s CCM too.
I gave the Dahon a quick wash and switched out the 7 speed wheel for a 6 speed that I got on the following freebie red Raleigh last week (with the grey one, which I've SOLD ) from another neighbor.
I put the Hookworms on the Raleigh thinking it would make an easier flip, but it now looks like the Raleigh may become more of a donor as I seem to have developed a certain fondness for bare metal bikes (I now have 4! :rolleyes:).
Seeing as it has an aluminum frame and 26" wheels, the folder may have just found a caring long term home. :cool2: It also had decent street tires to sate my apparent rubber fetish too.:blush:
The CCM netted me a very decent 26 X1 3/8 chrome front rim (cleaned and greased came out A1) a nice Schwalbe tire, a 3 speed Sturmey hub and the other miscellanious bits.
The stem and pedals are stuck, but darn it, I will get in there to budge the badge (that I can use) tomorrow.:aggressive: Around here it seems I can always use old CCM bits for some reason.
The CCM frame came with hack sawed top tube will earn me some points with the friendly local scrapper.
HeadBadge_CCM_Targa_4.jpg

Back