Yet another Texan??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,
My names bruce, from central texas area.
My story goes:
Im friends with the girl who is recieveing "The Dorm Project" bike(didnt know he was on here untill now) And that just sparked an intrest in me. i have an old maurry stingray style i wanted to work on. How ever the renters of our house where it was kept stole the banana seat, sissy bar, bars, forks, wheels... and in my quest for parts I came across this page.

and my mind has been raceing all day over old schwin's, huffys, some john deere on our back porch that i could customize...

Ive mostly owned import cars, and audio has been my forte' but my family has 14 cars in the driveway im very excited to dig my first project cycle out of the shop tomorrow
:)

Welcome. What 14 cars? How did that happen? Do you have 11 brothers and sisiters? Is your front yard a sales lot? Do your parents realy like cars? Wow, that's alot of cars. I couldn't afford the gas..

jtdaddy said:
Welcome. What 14 cars? How did that happen? Do you have 11 brothers and sisiters? Is your front yard a sales lot? Do your parents realy like cars? Wow, that's alot of cars. I couldn't afford the gas..

were just a family of packrats?!? weve been given or payed less that 500 for 9 of them. gas isnt the bad part, insurance is :mrgreen:

I dont have a camera to post pics of potential 1st rat but ill try to borrow one soon.

Bruce, I am the site phychic and I soon see an empty wallet in your future. welcome fellow Texan to your new addiction.

well, durring a 10 climb through my shop (yes it is THAT full) i found this under 2 boxes and a pitchfork?!?

Sarahsproject.jpg

Sarahsproject2.jpg

after inspecting, its got a 3sp, that doesnt appear hooked up? no rust on frame or forks. and the front rim may be bent, or it dose have a bad rust patch that could cause the rubbing?!?
But what to ya'll think about it? is it worth trying to keep mostly original or just go custom??

Hey bruce good to see you on here. But just about anything looks better as a custom is what I think. But that would make a cool original bike if you got everything rechromed gotta love the basket up front.

i see a b/t in this one, yep, get the torch hack,cut,weld, BOARDTRACKER will appear like magic. there goes your money.lol. welcome aboard to this crazy insane life of ours an now yours. not enough bikes need more.lol

Outlaw :mrgreen:

OUTLAW said:
i see a b/t in this one, yep, get the torch hack,cut,weld, BOARDTRACKER will appear like magic. there goes your money.lol. welcome aboard to this crazy insane life of ours an now yours. not enough bikes need more.lol

Outlaw :mrgreen:

if only i had a torch and welder... ?!?
ive spent the day dismanteling everything and made best friends with a wire wheel and drill?!? guss plan it to pick up tires and tubes tomorrow...
and im thinking i want a springer front??

Alright guys, well... while out in the shop.. I FOUND A WELDER?!?!?
So i might go a lil more custom than i planed...
BUT for the life of me i cannot get the Forks and ?handle bar mount thing? out of the neck
Is there a trick to the wester flyers??

The "gooseneck" or "stem" is what holds the handle bars to the fork. You loosen the bolt at the top of the goose neck and then either twist the handlebars while holding the tire between your knees or tap the bolt with a mallet . It should break free. Look here for how the goose neck works if you are not familiar.

Hey look around the chop some more. Maybe you'll find a tube bender and a CNC machine :lol:

NOTHING WRONG WITH ANOTHER TEXAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!TEXAS TODAY THE WORLD TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

haha... yeah Texas Made :)

well, after 2 days with a wire brush i painted it.

Sarahsproject3.jpg

I cant find white walls in a 26x 1 3/8 so i guess im just getting all black.
Still not happy with the way the crank turns. And the girlfriend is picking out grips seat and pedals tomorrow for her birthday.
Overall Im very happy with the 18hrs of work and 20$ transfermation

Any other sugestions of extra add ons

Latest posts

Back