Yard Sale Rollfast

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I picked this up on the way home from the show yesterday. I don't know what year it is, but for $10 I wasn't going to pass it up. I'm thinking of cleaning it up really goog and clear cloating over is as is. We'll see.....

47230875968-vi.jpg

Pretty cool for ten bucks. I would guess early 60s. What kind of coaster does it have?

mos6502 said:
Pretty cool for ten bucks. I would guess early 60s. What kind of coaster does it have?

Dont know yet. Didn't look. When I was loading this up another guy started checking out the bikes. Long story short, he said he had a bunch of "old" bikes he needs to get rid of in a hurry. I'll post about that later.....

Here's what the headbadge would look like if it wasn't so faded out (if that will help date it):
HqYOKigE6YOUYYu9BPzmUISH560_57-vi.jpg

It rolls freely and the tires are the older style but still in good shape.

The switched to a foil sticker sometime in the mid or late 60s. I think I've heard 1966, but I might be remembering that wrong.

$10 never spent better, your brake arm looks like it maybe a replacement hub, snyder built frame. Have fun with it.

The coaster is much later than the bicycle, they probably replaced the original when they put the new pedals and seat on, I would reckon.

mos6502 said:
The coaster is much later than the bicycle, they probably replaced the original when they put the new pedals and seat on, I would reckon.

That's what I fugured. They must've put it on then let it sit outside by looking at the weathering on the rims.

Back