WW2 Tribute bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my attempt to pay respect to the men and women from the greatest generation. These great soldiers did amazing things with minimal equipment. This will be a two bike build first will be my rendition of the b-17 bomber the flying fortress. the second will be the p-51 mustang. I am starting with hump back Schwinn.

Great idea for a tribute, hope you don't mind a mini hi-jack, been a warbird fan (WWII era aeroplanes)
for many years. Flying Fort an awesome machine, many years ago I was lucky enough to visit Chino
east of LA and saw a B 17 in the flesh!
jwwt.jpg
69jh.jpg

b8o3.jpg
l6v5.jpg

Also got up close and personal with the Mustang "The Cadillac of the Skies." Powered by the Packard
Motor Company V12 engine, these were license built American versions of the British Rolls Royce Merlin
capable of around 1,500 hp!
j05o.jpg
vf99.jpg

4fx5.jpg
2zmy.jpg

Can't wait to see what you come up with big kountry as I said a great tribute, well done to you.

Thanks I've had a love affair with those planes since I was a little boy thanks for the hijack

I'll be watching this one, big WWII planes fan here, but my favourite one is the P-40 warhawk...

na_p-40_01.jpg

Ok guys her is the deal I want a tank with a pin-up girl not sure if I want to design my own or use an existing tank modified to fit :idea:'s please

With that style of frame, I think a suspended tank hanging down under that top tube would look awesome. :idea: Kind of a boardtracker look. I've seen some folks put tanks on bikes that didn't match the curves right, and while I guess it's better than no tank, it just doesn't look right. So I hope you can find a tank that fits right.
I love the WWII tribute with a pinup, what a great idea.

I have an old roadmaster tank from a youth bike that would give you the bomber look. It splits in half, but maybe you could tack weld it and drill holes to suspend it from the top tube with brackets. Looks like it would fit the curve there.

I would do something like this...

Tank.jpg

Tank%2520Close%2520up.jpg

I would give you a hand with the graphix :wink:
And Nose Art Pinup Girl on top of the leather seat :mrgreen:

Another killer spot for the pin up would be on the front fender... nose art... different from all the rest :wink:

I have made very little progress lately been busy trying to keep my head above water. Today I dug out an old seat ripped the cover off sanded an painted it red finally got around to mounting the tires my wife ordered an found out they don't fit the s5 front wheel an the rear tire is to wide. So I'm at a stand still till I get a chance to come home for a few days again hopefully it'll be under better circumstances an not with a broken down truck to deal with that's rite brand new International truck the original P.O.S less than 20,000 an been in the shop 4 times with the same problem egr valve fingers crossed it will make it to Alabama tonight

It's been a while since I've done anything on this build . I was sitting here thinking what do I want to do an bam it hit I want wood truss rods also has anyone ever done that

:39:Propeller blade shaped?:crazy::cool2:
not propeller shaped but thats the reason for wood truss rods I was thinking running them up to the handle bars I've got a vision in my head just weather an work have put a stop to building at the moment so I'm gathering ideas an parts

Back