WOW!!!! I haven't had this much fun in a long time! UPDATED!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I can't believe how my spring has been going so far and it's not even spring here yet. I have been meaning to post some of these before but they are still not that "old" of a find. Today was a major hall. On to the pics.

Started about a month ago when I grabbed this Speedster for $25, already started messing around with it.

DSCN4516.jpg

Then shortly after that I picked up this 24" Hollywood, I think I already posted this one but oh well. Grabbed for $20.

DSCN4449.jpg

Then about a week ago I picked up these two for a total of $60. Pretty stoked about the Raleigh.

DSCN4520.jpg

DSCN4517.jpg

Then today I made a major hall.............. all from one place and all free............sometimes it pays to have good friends.

DSCN4513.jpg

Some of the highlights from the back of the van...........

DSCN4518.jpg

DSCN4519.jpg

DSCN4521.jpg

DSCN4522.jpg

Oh yeah, forgot to mention this one I got about a week ago for free as well.

DSCN4523.jpg

Re: WOW!!!! I haven't had this much fun in a long time!

Cool score there!!!

are those Hodaka bars with the blue cobra head grips on em? those are bad ... !! :shock:

DSCN4513.jpg

fixed1313 said:
Not sure what kind of bars, Team Cycle grips. It's gonna be fun going through this stuff.
If you part with those grips LMK Please. I would like to see better pics of them also.

Wow! Nice haul, I like the Speedster setup

Tell me if your interested in a Hatcher Cycle run, Maybe we can meet up CCDrive too
I'm going back to look for just frames/forks.
Evan said to come back when it gets warmer, unfortuneately that still isn't the case yet (with 4 new inches of snow) :roll:
Steve

X2 on the speedster, that's sharp. And I'm good for a run to hatcher.
MplsCoaster said:

Tell me if your interested in a Hatcher Cycle run, Maybe we can meet up CCDrive too
Evan said to come back when it gets warmer, unfortuneately that still isn't the case yet (with 4 new inches of snow) :roll:
Steve

And I think the forks on this one might be a bit bent.

DSCN4517.jpg

NICE SCORES.

Love the look of that speedster with just the flipped bars, nice stance that way.

Freebie haul looks good, I'm waiting for my day to come on stuff like that :)

The bike with the blue cobra grips - is that a Huffy frame ? if you decide to part it, keep me in mind for the frameset. ( someone here might want the bars and grips already ).

ozzynut2 said:
fixed1313 said:
Not sure what kind of bars, Team Cycle grips. It's gonna be fun going through this stuff.
If you part with those grips LMK Please. I would like to see better pics of them also.

I will keep you in mind.

MplsCoaster said:

Steve

Would be interested, may be tough with my wonky schedule. Lets see what happens if spring ever comes............. 6-8" here.

charliechaindrive said:
X2 on the speedster, that's sharp. And I'm good for a run to hatcher.
MplsCoaster said:

Steve

And I think the forks on this one might be a bit bent.

<a class="vglnk" title="Link added by VigLink" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" href="http://i901.photobucket.com/albums/ac211/fixed1313/Spring%202013%20Finds/DSCN4517.jpg[/img"><span>http</span><span>://</span><span>i901</span><span>.</span><span>photobucket</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>albums</span><span>/</span><span>ac211</span><span>/</span><span>fixed1313</span><span>/</span><span>Spring</span><span>%</span><span>202013</span><span>%</span><span>20Finds</span><span>/</span><span>DSCN4517</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span></a>][/quote]

Yep, think you are right............... gonna try and save them, nothing to loose.

Thanks for the kind words on the speedster, just messing around with the look right now, figuring out how I want to do it. I have not even re-greased anything yet. I need to figure out a different shifter for the SA 3 speed, would like to do a suicide shift on the seat tube.

[quote="Green Dragon"]NICE SCORES.

Love the look of that speedster with just the flipped bars, nice stance that way.

Freebie haul looks good, I'm waiting for my day to come on stuff like that :)

The bike with the blue cobra grips - is that a Huffy frame ? if you decide to part it, keep me in mind for the frameset. ( someone here might want the bars and grips already ).[/quote]

Thanks man, look at the Speedster again................... custom laid back post too. :D Yes that is a Huffy frame, not sure on what model or year yet.

More stuff in the last few days around here.

On the way home from camping last weekend I picked up this one. Very cool looking in my opinion. Started to clean it up and it looks almost new under the dirt.

Picked this one at another garage sale.

Found this one at a flea market, bought for parts.

Another flea market find.

I really love the wards frame!! :shock: and that green speedster looks great now too !!

fixed1313 said:

That wards frame you can send to me, I already got a donor ready for the operation. Patina matches nice too. :mrgreen: :lol:

junknutz1975 said:
I really love the wards frame!! :shock: and that green speedster looks great now too !!

Thanks, I love the look of it. The center bar has been re-welded poorly and there is a dent in the down tube so it will most likely end up as a RAT. Still be cool though and it was dirt cheap. I need to take new pics of the Speedster, it has new shoes, fenders removed, and the seat is farther back and lower now. Been waiting to put new cables on it before I take pics but other projects keep getting in the way. :lol:

That wards frame you can send to me, I already got a donor ready for the operation. Patina matches nice too.

That would be a nice match.

Back