Worksmen Cycle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PICT0016-3.jpg

Road it home for $15 Dollars, The old dude wanted $20, he said, Since ur a nice kid, and i dig ur old bike (the rickety rat :mrgreen: ) Gimmie $15 n its urs. It was in his front yard for $20 for 3 weeks!!! o_o

PICT0017-2.jpg

PICT0018-3.jpg

Thing is built like a tank!!! i love it! Polishing it up after this post. ;)

Everything around here is 50 bucks and more! One guy had 2 beach cruisers on CL for 25 each, but it was first come first serve, they were gone in 15 minutes. A old worksman would probably go for 100 around here.

GREAT riding bikes uncle stretch. Ty guys for all the feedback, much appreciated.

I cleaned up alotta chrome on it, the rear hup and whitewalls are all thats left that need to be done. I can catwalk this old bike great too!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: i love it. I want some ape hangers for it, nice wide ones. ;) Love this bike hahaha awesome ride, the spokes are the same diameter as the ones on my buddys dirtbike, its nuts! i think there a little bigger.

thanks ratrod. :) idk bout the stems, ive bent others doing cat walks.. o-O idea. :D BMX neck with bmx bars

YES, Sorry, idk if i was the only one who called them that. Wheelers are short, we call long wheelies cat walking. Does anyone else refer to it as this?

just bought one myself last week for parts. did not know what it was, till someone here helped out. didn't get as good a deal as you, but i like it a lot and look forward to that build.
DSC03992.jpg

I used 2 be able to manual on my haro for blocks it seemed. Out grew that stuff tho.. Cool vids cman and steve.

You'll be seeing this build soon Uneasy, shes getting a little paint work done, and thats bout it. Urs is nice!!
here she is a little more cleaned up awith new bars and cleaned chrome.. Broke the original bars doing wheelies :lol: :oops: I rode it home with no handlebars. :D

PICT0039-1.jpg

NEW NECK STEVE.. HAHA
PICT0040.jpg

That's cool Rickster-

I actually use one at work, of all things. Of course I have the only one in the plant. A few of the other guys borrow it from time to time. It's great for getting me and a big pile of tools from one place to another quickly, and saving time when running back to the shop for that part you forgot.

works040209.jpg

Mine's an INB, Industrial Newsboy, the standard Worksman model. Yours looks like one of their American Cruisers, which you would pick and choose options off a menu to build a bike your way.

http://worksmancycles.com/shopsite_sc/s ... isers.html

They're still in business, still in NYC, still making tough-as-nails bikes. Yes, they do use Shimano hubs... but the rims are so heavy duty, like nothing else you've seen.

Good find Rick, have fun with your 60-lb toy!

Mine on the bench getting a new tire after an industrial accident:
070508_work.jpg

--Rob

Back