Worksman Folding Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I checked out the low-rent flea market near my house this morning, and walked away with this incomplete Worksman folding bike for $45. I've got plans for it, but not drastic ones. Main thing is to change the seat, and add handlebars, of course. I'll probably post to "Builds" once I've done some stuff.

I've been wanting a folding for a while, and this looks like a pretty cool one.

IMG_0507.jpg

IMG_0508.jpg

Way cool. They are tough bikes. They're made in a kookie old factory a few blocks from my house. I've had several over the years and they seem to hold their value.
Have fun with it.

Those style of headsets use a straight tube stem in them (no wedge). My Sears Free Spirit folding bike has the same type of headset setup.

I wanted to make this a comfortable bike, so I changed out the seat, tires, and put on some ape hangers.

The white walls I had were 2.125, when the bike had 1.75 tires on it, so they just BARELY fit. But I like the look. The front tire and rim that were on there were not original, but I'm pretty sure the back was. The tire in back was a Carlyle, and the tube says "ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT" on it.

The red stem is the only 21.1 sized neck that I had on hand, so it'll do for now, but I'll be on the lookout for a better or more original one.

It's a very comfortable ride. This might even surpass Frankenstein as my daily ride.

IMG_0514.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

Back