Workman fork/headset question...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I'm working with a Workman INB frame (Yep, one of Ind-Chuckz), I would like to go over to a 1 1/8 threadless headset/fork set up. Now I figured that it wouldn't be a big deal, but then I checked and it turns out these ran/run a 1" steer tube, would have figured these would've been 1 1/8" seeing's how they are pretty recent frames.
Any way, I didn't see anything specific to the main question (Can I do this?), so if anybody knows differently please provide a like to it, otherwise any info/help/suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance!

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv847%3B%3Dot%3E7%3B9%3C%3D824%3D34%3A%3DXROQDF%3E285%3A233369259ot1lsi

No problems; keep your cups, buy a cheap NECO 1.125" threadless headset, which will give you the starnut, top cap/bolt, top race, crown race, a spacer, and a few little bits pretending to be "seals". Toss the bearings that came with the NECO set; replace them with loose 5/32" balls or the low-profile "tioga"-style 22x5/32" retainers http://www.niagaracycle.com/categor...ainer-bearing-22-x-32-10-box-41mm-1-1-8-tioga
It took some fine-tuning, but I got it dialed now; it's adjusted right and hasn't shown an inclination to come loose.
FYI, the NECO 1.125" headset is sometimes sold under the "Sunlite" brand; the box'll say NECO anyway. Typically, it's the cheapest 1.125" threadless headset you can buy; available in black or chrome.

HTH

I'm pretty sure I'm running a cheap threadless origin 8 or maybe cane creek 1-1/8 headset on mine. I know the dropouts changed around on those frames, guess its not the only thing they changed around.

Latest posts

Back