Winnipeg (Winterpeg) Manitoba

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my neck of the woods, terrain as flat as a board where I'm at, ideal coaster brake single speed country. I laugh at the folks that think they need 21 speed mountain bikes when the only rise they see is the occasional overpass. My little town of Transcona sort of grew into the city of Winnipeg, or rather the city grew into us, but we still think small town, we have our own traditional main street lined with shops of all sorts, not a mall in sight anywhere. Transcona is an old railway town, the neat thing is is that almost all the older homes are built out of old boxcar lumber.Whenever the railyard would break up a wood boxcar the lumber would be auctioned off and another home would be built. I live in a boxcar home too, the metal stairs outside still say property of CN Rail :) The pictures show the nature trails I ride on, and an old abandoned farm near where I live. And of course one winter scene!
naturetrail.jpg

transconasunset1.jpg

oldfarm.jpg

musicshop.jpg

Wow looks like a beautiful place, I'd try to get hold of someone on those old dodge trucks......some sweet rat rods waiting to be born there.

Oldrider
Is that farm on the south side of Dugald road. I drive by that farm and always wonder what cars or trucks are in there. What else is there.

Back