(Wichita) Coasters - Canal Cruise

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2011_canal_cruise.jpg

More info here

Glad you all are making it. Cameron too.

Me, Nova , my Dad, my Daughter and my 2 Grandsons should be there. Once the Granddaughter learns to ride and if I get my Mother back on a bike it will be my entire family :shock:

Supposed to be hot and windy. Water and sunscreen might be good things to bring along.

Also... there's a nice sized parking lot behind the building on the N/E corner of Douglas and Hydraulic that might be a good place to park. The next block East of the Donut Whole are Wichita Festivals and the Red Cross parking lots which I assume will all be vacant on a Sunday.

Was a good time. I thought we might have lost a few. Never hurts to have a bike shop owner along for the ride.

Video and more photos. More here http://locojoe.com/coasters/archives/80 ... ruise.html

Our starting point the Donut Whole
IMG_5331.JPG

Under the "Canal route"
IMG_5338.JPG

65rat and Daughter
IMG_5360.JPG

Udallcustombikes
IMG_5349.JPG

Garagegoon
IMG_5377.JPG

My 2 grandsons and wife
IMG_5341.JPG

Breath taking vies of the canal from here
IMG_5373.JPG

It was a good time and windy. The wifey's trike had some tire troubles, so we missed the bridges across the Interstate. But you guys caught up with us for the ride back. :D Hopefully I'll have the basket bike done by next time. I'll be able to carry more tools!

LowpowerD said:
It was a good time and windy. The wifey's trike had some tire troubles, so we missed the bridges across the Interstate. But you guys caught up with us for the ride back. :D Hopefully I'll have the basket bike done by next time. I'll be able to carry more tools!
Thanks for making the trip down here. We'll do it again. Maybe we'll all come up to Newton to ride sometime.

It was a short ride/day. Didn't get to talk to people a whole lot. Of course we were at the back of the donut shop while everyone else was out front. I've already got an idea for another ride which will probably happen next month. Maybe we'll linger longer at the destination point a park.

Tanks to everyone who came to this ride or any Coasters event and help to keep the kustom and classic bike scene strong here.

65rat said:
I believe that is (Three-Wire) in the yellow shirt top pic. I met him at the ride I recognized his bike from his Intro.

Yep, that's me. I had a prior commitment and couldn't stick around afterwards, but it was nice to meet some of you and a great day for a bike ride! I had a great time and will definitely be on the lookout for future events...

Latest posts

Back