Wi and Mango

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I went by the Salvation Army store and they had Walmart bikes for 80 bucks and higher. So I went to Goodwill not hoping to find anything. The guy in the back said he had a few bikes to bring out, so I waited by the door. When he wheeled out the blue bike, I stopped him and said I'll take it. I saw the heavy wheels and 3 speed with coaster brake. It's labeled a Wi, but it sure looks like an Emory, and the SA hub with large spokes says 1984. $16, so I thought I lucked out and was headed out when he brought out a Mango Toucan. Just a little corrosion and neglect, $19. So I brought both of them home. The wife can't complain, she was the one who asked the guy if he had any bikes. I'll probably clean up the Mango and flip it on CL, but it sure is light and rides nice.

a1k64l.jpg

She has never tried hard enough to learn how to ride. That's why we have a tandem, the ratty caddy. Maybe I'll give it one more try and teach her how to ride.

Back