Who Built This Western Flyer?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got offered this for 100.00 and wondered who actually built it. Supposed to be a 2 speed. Sounds weird but the owner said only had hi and lo on the shifter. Not sure I wanna fool with it because the oldies are heavy and not practical to ride. Its too clean IMO to be 40 years old. I suspect a spray paint job.

3bfcda7469d6ba3c0b3c1669d2d9cbed.jpg

293c5d3fa8748d4ab7e2bab63547638d.jpg

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Could it have had a restoration at sometime?
It looks like a 70's built bike, and it's a trike. I'd buy it at that price.

These oldies dont make good riders due to weight and gearing. Had an AMF awhile back and you couldnt budge it on flat ground. . Its 70s era. The price is fair but I am looking for one to ride not a conversation piece.

Looked like overspray on it to me too. As for resale not in my area. Be lucky to get your 100 back on a good day.

Looks like a late 70's Huffy chain ring. The fork crown looks like it was chrome and they painted it to cover discoloration or rust. It looks to be blue originally so the touch up paint matched up well. 100 Bucks is all that bike will get on the market on a good day, so it would have to be your trike to ride around. That looks like a 3 speed twist grip shifter, I'll bet the gears just need adjustment. It may be in top notch riding condition, but it's not meant to go fast or very far, just shopping or a leisurely cruise around the neighborhood.

Wildcat the owner says it has hi and lo on the shifter. That still could mean 3 speeds if middle was direct drive. Yeah I aint messin with it. Too old too bulky and all around no good to ride more than a block or two.

Would be a cool build with an engine on it...

Back