Who built this Goodyear and what should I do with it?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got his bike with the intention of using just the frame for a project I have in mind. I feel bad gutting a perfectly good bike for a silly project so I am thinking I should maybe sell it (or spiff it up and keep it) and find a donor frame for the project that has already been stripped.

I really have no idea what the bike is worth. It is mostly complete and mostly original, I think, but the rims (and fenders) were painted and a few of the bolts on the fork appear more modern than the bike and the pedals are a travesty. The seat is ripped. The hubs are both New Departure and spin well. The skip tooth drive train is in good shape.
The headbadge doesn't say Columbia on it like some I've seen so I am not sure who built it.

Anyone have any idea of the details and value of this bike?

Should I use the frame and part out the rest or keep it whole, clean it and tune it to ride or sell?

Thanks for the input!
y3uputej.jpg

ubugymed.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

It is indeed a Columbia built bicycle. The serial puts it at 1950. All the major tire companies seemed to have a bicycle contract to sport their badge on and Columbia had Goodyear.

I'd say she's pretty awesome as is. Somebody would really enjoy that bike in the neighborhood of $275 give or take. That'd be a fair price accounting for the original but faded paint, complete tank, springer, nice vintage Carlisle W/W tires. Good luck.

Back