Whizzer front wheel?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The middle of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I recently cleaned out an old cycle shop that sold Whizzers. This is the only thing I got that I think might be from a Whizzer. Anyone know what this is?
Super heavy duty spokes.
IMG_0521.JPG

It has an old speedometer drive on it.
IMG_0519.JPG

Drum brake
IMG_0522.JPG

I can't read the markings on the hub. I tried a little acid and rubbing but this is as good as I got.
IMG_0523.JPG

That's a Schwinn Drum hub, so with the heavy duty spokes I'd say it's safe to say it's probably from a whizzer. Those hubs were used on tandems too, but the tandems didn't have spokes that heavy duty. I think it could potentially be as early as sometime in the 40's, but I'm no expert.

That's a Schwinn Drum hub, so with the heavy duty spokes I'd say it's safe to say it's probably from a whizzer. Those hubs were used on tandems too, but the tandems didn't have spokes that heavy duty. I think it could potentially be as early as sometime in the 40's, but I'm no expert.

Thanks, the out of business cycle shop I got it from also sold Schwinns. Do you think there is any one who could use this without the backing plate or brake pads? Almost all the parts I got are from the 30s so it is probably from the 40s. I guess I could list it here to see if anyone needs it?

Back