White Schwinn Suburbans - Value?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ive only seen one white schwinn lightweight in the last couple years and it was a picture online. I now own a pair of matching 5 speeds, I believe they are 1970 or 1972's. Either way, I know the paint on these are completely shot, but the chrome will all clean up. They need tires of course. Is there any value in these since they were originally white? I'm basically asking what I should do with them. I dont want them. If there is a lightweight collector out there that wants them I'd sell them whole. (thats what Id prefer) They have MINT bow pedals on both. Fenders are straight. Just lookin for a schwinn guys opinion. I hate parting bikes because I'll get stuck with the frames and I dont think I could bring myself to throw out an old schwinn frame regardless of what it is.

sub1-1.jpg

sub2-1.jpg

sub3-1.jpg

Wow,those are the first I've seen too! And, much like the 64 American I have, and most other white Schwinns I've seen, with the "insta-rust option"!! :lol: I don't know on value, seems like the $ goes for clean originals. ~Adam

Rustinkerer said:
Wow,those are the first I've seen too! And, much like the 64 American I have, and most other white Schwinns I've seen, with the "insta-rust option"!! :lol: I don't know on value, seems like the $ goes for clean originals. ~Adam

Haha that must be why they didnt make many in white! Chrome looks worse in picture btw. almost all will clean up real nice. I think parting is the way to go but someone has to claim the frames first!

Latest posts

Back