when do we get to start voting?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
in the "28 hrs to go" post i think he said heck put the poll up sunday and leave it for a week. ive made my mind up tho and am chompin at the bit to see how it turns out !!!

oops sry like i said i have a short attention span sry bout that :oops: i too have my choise figured out good luck to all should be interesting this time around.

ok steve its sun night lets get this shindig going "lets get ready to rumbllllleee"

someones alittle antsy............ :shock:
and i still havent picked just one nor has the boy........hes got it down to 3 though!!! guess thats what matter since he casts my vote(was actually shocked at the ones he picked so far, hes got good taste)

68 votes on mid/late-monday, i wonder how many new members the voting will tempt to join up (718 members currently), i know my wifes voted (after i reminded her) who's hardly ever on here.

Just a thought on the voting.
Is it posible to not allow voters to see the results until after they vote?
I could see where a person (who puts off voting until near the end) may not vote for their overall favorite but instead vote for their favorite between the top couple of conteders.

Maybe next time.
What do you all think?

Doesn't look like that is possible.

At least...I haven't been able to find any board settings that would restrict what the user sees.

You make a valid point though.

xddorox said:
Unless I'm mistaken, you can't see the results until you vote yourself. That's how it appeared to me...or was it a dream? Note to self: lay off the caffeine!
Guest can see the results, so all you have to do is clear your cookies.

cman said:
xddorox said:
Unless I'm mistaken, you can't see the results until you vote yourself. That's how it appeared to me...or was it a dream? Note to self: lay off the caffeine!
Guest can see the results, so all you have to do is clear your cookies.

Now that you mention it I voted from another computer than my home pc. I was logged in but I think it is set to not accept cookies. Or can you even log in without accepting cookies? Maybe I just have it set to clear cookies when the browser closes. Anyway I was logged in and was able to see the results before I voted.

well i think this is the same setup as last year. i did not see the votes till i voted.

i could see em before i voted, in fact i looked at the votes before i voted, didnt sway me tho, but i did look 1st, little "see results here" link was under the submit button.

I just voted for my favorite rat bike. Not a easy task, there are so many real kool bikes. As far as looking at the results, don't allow a view of results until after the vote deadline, then it's a surprize to everybody at the same time, with the vote count not possibly influencing anybodys vote. :idea: Vote again for 12 bikes ( the more votes the less chance of a tie, I think) , then the top 12 are put on a calendar, I'd buy one. :idea: I can't hardly wait for RRBBO3 (same rules), so I can join the fun, but an anything goes build off would be fun too. Dangerous Dan

Latest posts

Back