What Rampar model is this?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

Picked up this old Rampar via my father-in-law, and can't nail down the model. It's a Rampar, but besides that....???
I've gone through some online scans of Rampar catalogues, but no dice. Even sent some pics to Raleigh Canada with the s/n, and no dice.
Built in 1978 from the plant they had in Quebec.
Of note, the fork is original - I've seen it used on at least one other model, and the downtubes are twin small tubes that go around the BB shell and on back to the rear dropouts.
Maybe I just over-restored a collectible... Oh well, at least I'm riding it with my girls! 8)
Thanks for any help and just for looking, guys!

IMG_7518.jpg

It's the COOL model, sorry I know that didn't help, but I had a friend as a kid who had one almost just like that but it was yellow and I vaguely remember something saying MOTO on it somewhere, and it was a factory decal.

they advertised this bike as the Rampar MX, or Moto Cross. There were a few bikes under the Raliegh name called "Rampar" like the Rampar 10 speed model.

Dorian said:
they advertised this bike as the Rampar MX, or Moto Cross. There were a few bikes under the Raliegh name called "Rampar" like the Rampar 10 speed model.

Well, close. The fork is the same, but the frame is very different. There are some details that look the same, though: the rear dropouts and the front gusset look identical. On mine they pinned the seat stays where the shock would mount on the Moto Cross.

Seriously, I google image'd "Rampar" and went through hundreds of results without seeing a single one like mine. Let's keep looking!

Latest posts

Back