What is this??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks a little like an old Western Flyer I once had.

100_5983.jpg

2manybikes said:
Looks like a prewar Dayton Huffman. Nice find :D
Dayton Huffman sttarted out making sewing machines and ended up life as Huffy bikes.

Any idea of what year? Should I chop this up.....Is it a rare bike someone here may want? If so...I may be willing to trade it for another tank bike of some sort....I really want to do something different to a tank bike!!!

If you are givin it away I'll take it off of your hands :D If you want to trade the frame and tank for another frame and tank let me know, I have a postwar Hawthorne or a Monark that I would swap you.
Send me a PM if you are interested.
I believe it is an early 40s bike made just before WWII. When you say chop do you mean take it apart or take the torch/sawzall to it? If it were my bike I would try to do a Restomod job without cutting it up. It would look way cool if you sprayed it flat black , flamed the tank and fenders and threw on some apes. Keep all of the OG parts, that way if you ever want to sell it it will still be worth money to a collector. If you hack it up then in my opinion the future value will decrease.
Just my 2 cents and at the end of the day its yours so you get to have it your way , Like BK :lol:

I'm the worlds worst at cutting up bikes , but I try to limit my destruction to frames that are already messed up. They are not making these frames anymore and everyone that is destroyed just to change something is sad. Find one that is welded on or already torched and tear it up ,and leave the pristine frames for a restoration. :lol: :lol: Ok thats my 2 cents.

I will not ride a little cramped up bike. Everytime I get on my colson I'm still amazed at how good it feels. If its necessary to change one , then do like I do and throw it on the floor and draw it bigger or differant ,build the whole thing ,and then sell the original to some smaller guy. :lol: :lol: Hey thanks for the complement 2manybikes.

Sorry Guys.... have already started cutting this one up.....it was not a pristine frame, or forks.....they have been welded and brazed, in many different locations already. I'm not doing a radical custom with it...just a mild stretch and drop!! I'll post some pics in the build section as I progress.

Back