What I Like To Do on Weekends

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I was a little kid I have loved to attend the local short tracks (dirt!) on a Friday or Saturday night. Now I go with my own kids.

3/8 and 1/2 mile ovals, 700+ HP Big Block power.

Here is what we go to see:

From last year, our favorite senior citizen driver, Jack Johnson (62 years old).
maltaOnTheHammer.jpg

From this past Saturday, one of Jacks understudies, Dave Camara from Poultney, VT. (An Outlaw photo)
SlateExpress.jpg

Your not the only one! You ever see the sprint cars on dirt man?

Sprinters? heck yeah. They're having winged 360's this Saturday night. I have seen the WoO, All Stars and all the local sprint groups (URC, ESS, Patriot).

Some of the west coast wingless guys are coming east this summer and we hope to go see them too.

There's nothing like the smell of alcohol and wheelies during hot laps.

Yup yup!! I love racing dude, I went 2 my first dirt track last year i loved it!!! it was awsome, the way they slide its great, I was used 2 the cement tracks, I aint goin back lol.

I use to go to Skagit Speedway every Saturday with my Dad.
It is just across the Border in Washington State...

Sprint Outlaws, Modifieds, Mini Sprints.

It's a National Outlaw Track.

I can tell you this...some of my BEST memories are watching
Sprints.It would start at about 7:30 on a Sarurday night with the Mini's..
then the Mod's...and then( under the lights ) The Outlaws would start
about 9:30 at night and go till about Midnight.

I love them Mud shredding left turners. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Haha kev, I went 2 my first dirttrack last year, I LOVED IT! I seen the sprints, Lets just say next time im taking goggles! i cant wait to go again this year its coming up.

in So Cal it was ASCOT park in Gardena ca. every Thur. for SPEEDWAY racing ,Fri dirt sprints, Sat flat track those were good days :?
now no track ..more condos and town homes :cry: :cry: :cry:

outsider13 said:
in So Cal it was ASCOT park in Gardena ca. every Thur. for SPEEDWAY racing ,Fri dirt sprints, Sat flat track those were good days :?
now no track ..more condos and town homes :cry: :cry: :cry:

Makes ya FUDGING SICK!

Yeah I was raised on East Coast Dirt Trackin back in the '70's...

Coupes and Coaches (Sedans)

Big Blocks

Injector Stacks

Open Headers

No Fire Suits

Yeah,that takes me back...

We lost East Windsor AND Flemington to development but still have New Egypt Speedway for a Dirt Fix.

It aint racin' if ya aint got dirt in your beer!

Guys, you're givin' me chills. I LOVE Sprint car racing. I grew up in Central PA and went to Lincoln Speedway and Williams Grove many, many times to watch the WoO take on the Pennsylvania Posse. Good times. Smell of alcohol fuel, dirt flying, engines so loud your chest thumped when they ripped by. I still wish I could've had the chance to drive one of those things...

Hotdoggin, i got 2 sit in one!! lol :mrgreen: Im going 2 the races this saturday

and july 14 im going 2 see the sprints, ITS AWSOME!!!

Latest posts

Back