What Deparment Murray?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I went to our local downtown car show they have every first saturday of the month and I saw this bike in the store window and I want to know what department store was this Murray from?

As you can see they had it painted white but one spot where the paint had peeled off showed which you can't see in the pic it was red under it but it didn't look bad ate that spot.
PICT2141.jpg

PICT2140.jpg

Thanks for the help, it has some non original parts on it which is always the case when I find any bike yet everyone else I see seems to find everything on them and of course it is missing the tank like always too.

Yeah I saw it yesterday after you and a member at TheCabe told me which I found a big pic of the headbadge but All of the Hiawatha bikes I saw didn't have this frame.

Do you or anyone else knows what frame it is of the Hiawatha name and the other Murray bikes or what hubs they had because these look like the original wheels?

If I could have had my way bigger pics online I would have had them but I don't have one of those pro accounts that allows me to have them in the original size.

Probably the cheaper version of this Hiawatha bike, with a tank but without a light, like a huffy eldorado sort of tank is what I'm thinking.

6191888_1_l.jpg

This one where the white paint has peeled off looks like the same red, the two bars go into the down tube which I know I saw one before but I can't remember.

Edit 6:10 PM 3/5/12: I think I just found out it is based on the Murray Missile.

It will be open tomorrow so I am going to stop by to find out if they would sell it, I think I saw the store was closing soon and I can't see the last pic you had posted.

They are not selling it, she said it's been in the family for awhile which will be used as yard art.

Latest posts

Back