Updates and observations.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ACD

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the Columbia ridable today. She's a roller for sure. Front wheel needs truing and the bars need to be swapped (my knees hit no matter how I place them) most likely some straight bars. Bike is pretty cramped for me. Probably need a longer seat post too. The seat complains a lot too but at 250+ pounds I can guess why. Been a long time since my single speed days.. legs are talking to me after the hill to my house! I also took a little spin on the folder. Need to replace the shift cable (it doesn't) and put new tubes in. Tires are pretty sad from age but I like the 20" whitewalls so I'll try to save them. Cute bike but I may flip it on Craigslist to get some operating capital. Changed the rear tube in my Raleigh Sedona Mountain Tour (daily bike) she's a lightweight compared to the Columbia LOL. Much better now tired of adding air every morning.

I'm a carpet cleaner and go to 3-5 houses a day. The free bike opportunities abound! Today I picked up that 3-spd Columbia Sport I mentioned in another post. Going to try to make it into a Board Track Style Bike for the next buildoff. Pics of bike soon. Working too dang much!! I just want to play with my bikes.

Aaron

Sounds like you're having fun. 8)

Latest posts

Back