** Update, 1975 Schwinn Suburban, New Pic, Restored! **

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you did not read my previous threat, got this for $40. Drove 2 hours to get it. My dream bike/color. Only a year off my birth year, 1976. Have been looking for over 5 years for this bike, so ridiculously happy it's now mine. My forever bike. Got the gears fixed, detailed it, got new tires, rust off, fender rods that were broken were replaced, etc. Paint has some chips here and there, but overall thrilled w/ it. Took 5 days to do the work and lot of ingenuity with the repairs, but now I can ride her till I die! Whoo Hoo!!

Looks great, but please flip the front fender! http://schwinncruisers.com/catalogs/1975.html#suburban (scroll up a bit to see picture.)

Awesome choice for a vintage everyday rider. Lately, i've been palping a '72 Super Sport. Love those old, heavy, Chicago-built "light"weights. The geometry is great, and the ride feels excellent.

I've seen it done a million times; no worries..... If you reverse it back to the original way, it'll keep your drivetrain cleaner...

Nice job. The new fender brace looks original. A Brooks saddle would finish it off nicely.

Latest posts

Back