Typhoon

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked this up from CL'er yesterday for $25.00. It's pretty rough but it's my first Schwinn so I love it. I added the seat and handlebars. The back fender was mangled so I cut it off and salvaged what I could. The front fender was missing. The s7's have surface rust but I think they'll clean up. Can anyone tell me if this rear hub is a kickback? It's pretty well locked up so I can't tell by riding it. Thanks
seca

JibJabheads003.jpg

JibJabheads004.jpg

JibJabheads005.jpg

Awesome find!!!!

You've got an October of 1967 bike there.

Funny how people with bikes like these are thinking....man, this bike needs a total restoration.

Meanwhile, we ratters are thinking....man, this is worn out just enough, ha ha!

"Meanwhile, we ratters are thinking....man, this is worn out just enough, ha ha!"

Right. A little scrub here and there, polish some chrome, get those reflector stickers off, and repack, this baby will be done.

This hub is in pretty bad shape. I think I'll fill it with oil and let it sit a day or two before I tear it apart though. Waddaya think?

Well, I got a little carried away. See I had these Bad%$# tires hanging around for awhile. :mrgreen: Of course they won't fit the s-7's though. :cry:
So then cman posted this... http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3119
And well you know how it goes. Then I set up the shifter a la the Pin-it build off bike. (Thanks Kev) I suppose I'll have to put a triple clamp and some sort of tank on it eventually.

Anyway, here it is so far.

Bikes003.jpg

Bikes004.jpg

Bikes006.jpg

Those wheels from nashbar look great on it! I haven't decided what bike to put mine on yet

Great start on the bike. Even better you had some sweet wheels to swap. Did you get that shifter with the wheels or is a old front derailer shifter? I have one the works either friction or SIS.

The wheel deal came with a grip shifter but I like this set up better.

Yeah It's an old front shifter

Back