Trek fuel ZR9000

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up this sweet looking bike yesterday afternoon! 27 speed, with front and rear air shocks
honestly the most i've ever payed for a bike but I'm sure it was worth the $350!
Let me know guys, thanks!

IMAG0621_zps2ebce7bb.jpg

(p.s thats my 64 in the background 8) )

This is after I put the DH fork and disc wheel in the front, next to be put on will be the disc brake rear wheel. CAN'T wait to take it for a spin this weekend! :mrgreen:

IMAG0625_zps08bad166.jpg

(p.s. thats a 203mm rotor in front, it's massive!)

Not sure what kind of riding you'll be doing, but generally speaking, adding that much rake to a XC frame with that style fork will greatly increase the risk of snapping the head tube. Nice bike otherwise and looks to be in very nice shape. Its most likely not old enough to be vintage and not modern enough to get big money from a serious XC rider. I bet that thing was in the 25lb range when it was equipped with the SID fork.

I sold my Trek fuel 90 for $800 a couple years ago, i had the sid fork on mine also. I wish i wouldn't have sold it, sweet bike.

Took her out for a spin on the weekend, I'm extremely satisfied with this buy! :mrgreen:
handles amazing on the trails, climbs with ease, and rides on the road like a road bike! :D

Oh now running 175 psi in the rear shock, gotta see how that feels

I love your Trek! (after the fork swap!) I always loved the look of a downhill racer! Heres my K2 ProFlex 4500, I found it at my LBS NOS! I added a few bits and pieces here and there. :D

streetbeast001.jpg

I got it NOS so it was a bit lower than I would have paid new, but I did a few upgrades that have skyrocketed the total rice. Thanks for letting me post it on your thread dude. :D I really like the way the Trek turned out!

ohdeebee said:
Not sure what kind of riding you'll be doing, but generally speaking, adding that much rake to a XC frame with that style fork will greatly increase the risk of snapping the head tube. Nice bike otherwise and looks to be in very nice shape. Its most likely not old enough to be vintage and not modern enough to get big money from a serious XC rider. I bet that thing was in the 25lb range when it was equipped with the SID fork.

This guy hit the nail on the head. That has got to be horrible to climb on and the head tube angle is almost too relaxed to even be efficient on a downhill. Looks mean though :x

Regardless, today that is a $5-600 bike from what I've seen. I had a pretty nice Fuel EX95 a couple years newer and it, in good shape with a 5" single crown fork, brought $850.

I bought this frame for $15.00 and put it together with parts I had lying around the shop, traded some BMX stuff for the fork and bought a couple odds and ends. It weighs about 26lbs.
DSCN2323.JPG

Latest posts

Back