Tour De France 2009

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
so, who follows the tour? what do you think so far? any predictions? i'm impressed by columbia getting 8 guys in a breakaway (!) because as george hincapie said, it's the tour de france and you're supposed to ride hard to make an exciting race EVERY DAY 8)

huge fan! was there for it in '04 to see Lance break the record and I pushed Hincapie up LaMongie (fan of his since he was a junior racer in USCF). Hope Lance and the rest of Astana didn't blow their load today putting Lance in 3rd overall in the GC with the team time trial tomorrow. That's going to be two really tough days in a row.

It was impressive how Cavendish just fired up and left everyone behind in the final sprint! I tought Astana was going to place better yesterday overall, I think Columbia is stronger than everyone thought and more cohesive as a team. Predictions? well hard to say, guess Cancellara will be a force in the next time trial stage as always, Evans might have something to show too.

If anyone thinks Lance would enter the Tour and have no intentions of winning....well, then they don't know Lance.

I hope he does.......just to piss off the French who hate him so much.

Livestrong Lance. Ride on!!!!!!!!!!

RZ94 said:
If anyone thinks Lance would enter the Tour and have no intentions of winning....well, then they don't know Lance.

I hope he does.......just to piss off the French who hate him so much.

Livestrong Lance. Ride on!!!!!!!!!!

ha! at work we've decided we don't care where lance finishes, as long as he beats all the frenchmen :mrgreen:

i think Lance stands a better chance of winning if he doesn't move into the yellow jersey today. but we shall see.

Astana holding down 2nd through 5th in GC! sweet. going to be an interesting Tour.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
huge fan! was there for it in '04 to see Lance break the record and I pushed Hincapie up LaMongie (fan of his since he was a junior racer in USCF). Hope Lance and the rest of Astana didn't blow their load today putting Lance in 3rd overall in the GC with the team time trial tomorrow. That's going to be two really tough days in a row.

I don't watch the Tour, but have met Hincapie. A friend of mine was on the 1996 Olympic team w/ George and Lance and also was married about the same time. We had a fun time a couple of nights in the process.

^^ that's neat. George has a new dvd documentary out on his career. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Astana still has 4 riders in the top ten. Impressive.

GC:
1 Fabian Cancellara (Swi) Team Saxo Bank 19:29:22
2 Lance Armstrong (USA) Astana
3 Alberto Contador Velasco (Spa) Astana 0:00:19
4 Andreas Klöden (Ger) Astana 0:00:23
5 Levi Leipheimer (USA) Astana 0:00:31
6 Bradley Wiggins (GBr) Garmin - Slipstream 0:00:38
7 Tony Martin (Ger) Team Columbia - HTC 0:00:52
8 Christian Vande Velde (USA) Garmin - Slipstream 0:01:16
9 Gustav Erik Larsson (Swe) Team Saxo Bank 0:01:22
10 Maxime Monfort (Bel) Team Columbia - HTC 0:01:29
11 Roman Kreuziger (Cze) Liquigas 0:01:31
12 George Hincapie (USA) Team Columbia - HTC 0:01:36

Every stage is bringing surprises, the way the Astana guys rode the team time trial stage was amazing, it looked like a perfectly choreographed team on the road, that was nice to watch. Yesterday's win by a french was unexpected that's for sure.

Back