This One Goes Out To All The Ladies...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
... well, my lady.

Starting a bike for the girlfriend. Usually I'm not a fan of straight frames, but Angie really liked this bike when she saw it. Free at the farmers market. Can't beat that. I've gotta admit, it does have character.

2hcj9so.jpg

Pulled dead Shimano 333 rear end, 333 shifter, rear brake, all associated cables and controls. Definitely cleaned up the look a bit. She's gonna get a white seat, grips and pedals. Whitewall tires, natch.

Currently looking for a decent 26 x 1-3/8 coaster wheel. Now, I'm using an ancient junked Shimano coaster, just for mock-up.

cool! you might want to see if they make the pink wall tires in that size(my wife saw some after i finished her bike and started saying how nice those wouldve looked.... :roll: )
glad to see ya putting one together for your girl :mrgreen:

I looked into 26 x 2.125 tires. No way. I would have to spring the rear end like a foot or so. Plus I think it is pink overkill. :wink:

Yeah, I know it would look awesome, but the little lady needs a little bike with minimal rolling resistance. Especially if I am gong to keep it a single-speed coaster. A Bendix 2-speed automatic might be nice, but I think Angie might be frustrated by it. Not to mention it would require a custom built wheel, as I won't just stumble upon one in 26 x 1-3/8.

3 speed, that rim size is all over with 3 speed hubs laced in already. The holes are probably there for brakes already.

skoda said:
3 speed, that rim size is all over with 3 speed hubs laced in already. The holes are probably there for brakes already.

All the hubs I can find locally are freewheel , several of which currently live in my basement. I went through a pile of nearly 100 rear wheels. Not a single coaster in the lot. Luckily, I have found a few sets on the bay.

I really want to set it up as a coaster. Clean lines. No controls, save for the front brake. It will be a booze crooze bike for the old lady. Currently she is running a hybrid, and I won't be seen with her. :D

Latest posts

Back