The NEXT Blood clot.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
deorman said:
We don't need no stinking chainguards, put some band-aids or red cross buttons on the brackets.
Well I had a chain guard off something else. It's pretty old too. I made a bracket, and used all the stock holes on the chain guard, and the stock tabs on the frame to mount it. It practically put itself on.

i normally dont run guards anyways that is sissy safety gear anyways. and yea i do know how some bikes just battle you till the end

karfer67 said:
i normally dont run guards anyways that is sissy safety gear anyways. and yea i do know how some bikes just battle you till the end
I don't run them on most of my bikes, but the original one kinda looked cool, so it was part of the plan.

ditching the stock uni-crown fork was the best thing you could have done on this. those tires look great on there too.

As for getting upset and wrecking parts, I did that to my fork.... but I ended up with a sweeter one anyways... and then I wasn't so frustrated anymore. I am calmer than I used to be, but sometimes throwing stuff and saying a few choice words is the only way that seems to work :roll: .... Just keep at it.

I worked on this bike again today. Of course when I put the front tire and wheel on the forks, the tire hit the sides of the forks. I had adjusted the forks before I painted them, and the tire fit. So I had to adjust them again, and repaint the forks. :x I ended up with a cooler chain guard after I trashed the original one. I painted everything that was left to paint tonight. I think it came out good, I'll see in the morning. I made a really neat frame painting fixture tonight out of two toilet plungers, an engine stand, and a carriage bolt, along with some washers, and nuts. It worked great .:D Here's some pictures of the progress. Dean
100_0588.jpg

100_0589.jpg

100_0590.jpg

100_0592.jpg

100_0593.jpg

Back