TGI Fridays Schwinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked this up from an Auction of TGI Fridays knick knacks. I have not gotten in to it too deep yet. Definately a Schwinn though. They are s7 tubular rims, but they are shot due the the signature Fridays mounting screwholes. There is also a nice coating of TGI Fridays special "patina" It looks like the whole bike was painted blue then a brown glaze was brushed on over it to make it look old. not bad for $2.00

2396902755_c06c4a2d1d_o.jpg

I have a ex-restaraunt Schwinn just like that! Mine's a late 50's panther that has been coated in some kind of goofy paint, has cable hangers on the seat post and handlebars, and screws through the S7's and tires. I bought it for the 3 speed hub, but I may just leave it and make a rider out of it. No pic yet, I'll get one tonight.

Unfortunately, they were not so kind to mine. They went at an angle to make sure the destroyed the tires and the rims. There is also two holes drilled right throught the left handgrip and handlebar. I figure i will be able to salvage tthe frame, forks and the Schwinn Approved coaster hub. Crank and sprocket also look okay. I might relace the hub on to a 24" rim and throw a set of 24"'s on it. I've got a pair of the 24" front tires from the OCC choppers that might look cool together

Here's my Schwinn that was once hanging in a restaraunt. I bought it for the rear hub, but may just end up leaving it on and building the bike. It has two screw holes through each rim and tire, but that's about the only damage done. The spayed on patina is kinda growing on me.
PICT3868.jpg

looks like the same type of damage.
i started tearing mine down last night. the chainguard is pretty banged up too, so if anybody has an extra, i would be interested.

I've found a local auction company that has the regional acount for all the stuff they take off the walls. Mostly tin signs, lights and small pop culture stuff.

I'd lock in on that deal long term. At some point in the future they'll start clearing out the BMX bikes and skateboards they have on the walls.

tnt1 said:
Hey necessaryevil how about a closer picture of the rear wheel t/y Tony 8)
Do you want a shot of the hub? I'll get one tonight. It's some kind of inner 2 or 3 speed, but has no markings or stamped writing on it.

Here you go TNT. Does anyone know what this hub is? No brand name, but has a bendix brake arm. Cable runs into right side of axle.
PICT3876.jpg

Back