Swing Bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
2 swing bikes I've made.

swing_bike.jpg

swing_bike2-2.jpg

Last edited:
I have never seen/heard of one before but that is ausome! i got rid of my bike & parts collection when i was younger but with all the ideas here i will be starting another pile i guess.

spring cleaning is right around the corner and i recently bought a truck...

COME ON SPRING!! :D

The swing bikes are a blast to ride. Anybody with a welder and a couple of junk bikes should make one. My welding skills are next to nothing but I was able to pull these off. Here's a diagram of how I did the swining part of it http://locojoe.com/bikeblog/pages/swingbike2.html

Below is a neighbor kid riding one of the many incarnations of this bike.
schwing3.jpg

I love both of them... but that orange one is my particular fave! I love that you've changed the headbadge to 'Schwing'... totally caught me off gaurd and made me laugh....

I might have to make a 'Schwing' bike of my own... :mrgreen:

nice

i like these bikes, there simular to somthing else i saw before, this guy i know atatched a bmx bike to another one, by taking the front wheel off and slightly pulling the forks wider just enough to fit on the back axel of the other bmx with the wheel on. i dont think i explained it to well but i might draw up a picture, its like a 2 person swing bike. with no wielding.

poorhotrodboy, what you just described sounds extremely fun or very dangerous. I might have to try. It reminds me of runner sledding down a mountain road at night in the dead of winter holding onto the feet of the runner sled in front of you. We called it crack the snake.

haha thats crazy, sounds fun, i guess thats kinda what i was explaining, only the font forks would be holding the back of the front bike. i never rode it, but it could be fun, and scary. if i had more room for bikes i would try it myself.

Randy love your work. And that badge is way cool! The fun you can have with a couple of junkers and a welder eh?

Latest posts

Back