Swing 16

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Stole these two from my kids(they have others). I have two different directions that I may go with them.
0221081705.jpg

that is crazy looking, haha i love the pig on the handlebars tell me your keeping it :)

something about a crazy swing bike with 16" wheels seems like a death sentence...i cant wait for riding pics :D

Both frames are the same. One has been painted. Originally Superman and Spidy bikes.

The pig might stay.

sensor said:
i knew i recognized those frames!!!! my son has a superman bike also!
great idea with the 16" swinger :mrgreen:

I was also thinkin of fixing the two frames to make Pixie limo that maybe easier to pedal. If I go the swing way then I will need to fab a long seatpost.

Probably tall, if I am to ride it. If the kids ride it then I will need to make some custom handle bars so they can reach. I might figure out a way to make it ride fixed/limo or Swing. dual purpose.

should be able to find some tubing that size at osh or something. are you going to use the rear crank at all (if not you might find and easy sollution to the limo)? could punch a hole in the rear frame and use a hitch receiver pin to keep them solid and easily pull it to swing(and just make a bracket that bolts to the front frames chain stays)

Swing mode would have to use the rear cranks. Limo would be the front cranks. I keep thinkin of ideas. how about a tandem swing? rear seat pedals and front seat steers. could be fun for the little guys.

cman said:
I keep thinkin of ideas. how about a tandem swing? rear seat pedals and front seat steers. could be fun for the little guys.
:shock: :D :mrgreen: theyd love it!!!(gonna probably be buying alot of band aids till the get the hang of it though......)

[quote="sensor" theyd love it!!!(gonna probably be buying alot of band aids till the get the hang of it though......)[/quote]
Oh Yeh, putting 5 and 7 year olds on a bone breaker. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I cut the rear triangle off the front frame and took it for a test drive tonight. Pretty fun and wild ride.

Does anybody have an idea how to attach a seat in the fork tube that joins the two frames? I was thinking a cutting a stem and slipping a seat post over the top. Either bolt or weld it.

That thing is insane! I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Latest posts

Back