Sailors port (garage) - Finds and more!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really shouldn't but this came up and, and, and

Redline Monocog.jpg
Redline Monocog2.jpg
1402726-1674515121-316047.jpg
1402726-1674515118-544128.jpg

Going to see it this afternoon.

2001 Redline Monocog. 26" wheels. First Generation with the BMX hub spacing. It's the same geo as their PL-26. Full Chromoly. Size is 23" toptube 19" seat tube (16.5 from center of crank to center of top tube) Upgrades include Tioga BMX pedals, Shimano XT brakes, Avid levers, Black Ops cartridge bearing red anno wheelset, Vee DJ tires, OURY grips, Dark Cycles bashguard with cools flames, Zee chainring, ACS freewheel, 60mm Kona stem, and the best: 80's era Tuf Neck handlebars to make it more of a klunker/BMX cruiser.

What is current market value, you suppose?
Not that that has ever stopped me from paying full retail. :happy:

I guess that you'd call this a fresh find since I've been looking for an Avenger since last summer. I looked and looked for one used, to no avail. Then last November a website not-to-be-named listed them as "shipping" now. I immediately placed an order for one only to realize it was BS and I cancelled the order.
I could not get any firm information so I waited patiently while it snowed for the next four months.
In April I was at my favorite LBS Cranky's and asked them about the Avenger. He said it looked like they would be available in May so I put a deposit on one and it arrived May 10th! They aren't stocked in stores from what I've been told but available to special order.
This is Philler Bill:
IMG_3298.JPG

IMG_3286.JPG

IMG_3300.JPG

He's named after a dear friend that passed away a few years ago.

My Little Pal-1.jpg

Specs are here

Hipster Video here

Another

Pedals had to go and I'm thinking of installing Avid BB 7's just because.
Now shopping for a knit hat, skinny jeans and a flannel shirt.

Abraço

I guess that you'd call this a fresh find since I've been looking for an Avenger since last summer. I looked and looked for one used, to no avail. Then last November a website not-to-be-named listed them as "shipping" now. I immediately placed an order for one only to realize it was BS and I cancelled the order.
I could not get any firm information so I waited patiently while it snowed for the next four months.
In April I was at my favorite LBS Cranky's and asked them about the Avenger. He said it looked like they would be available in May so I put a deposit on one and it arrived May 10th! They aren't stocked in stores from what I've been told but available to special order.
This is Philler Bill:
View attachment 234760

View attachment 234761

View attachment 234762

View attachment 234763

Specs are here

Hipster Video here

Another

Abraço
Good choice 👍

This is Philler Bill:
View attachment 234760

View attachment 234761

View attachment 234762

View attachment 234763

Specs are here

Hipster Video here

Another

Abraço
Love it you think there hard to find in the states looked around here and impossible.

I'd be getting rid of that seat. Looks like it don't breath have a specialized seat that doesn't breath that's left me with a bullseye in a rather uncomfortable place.

Back