Stripped Dragstripper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 90%
9   1   0
update!!
i stripped most of the paint off of the bike and lightly sanded the frame and added decals/stickers and then cleared the frame. i got a nos veith slick and a new kenda for the front. the fork and seat came off a womens' dragstripper. the sprocket, bars and grips came off of a 69 24" sears spyder. the shifter was bought on this site and shifts smoothly! i got cables and orange housing from the shop. the rear derailleur and freewheel are off of a 26" iverson roadbike and is mated to an old cheap freebie wheel.

Re: I'm in love with a 'Stripper

i recently found the correct shimano shifter and will be installing it and the correct Iverson chainguard. i bought a girls iverson mini miss just for the chainguard and stripped the paint and repainted it poorly with some Krylon pumpkin orange and put the decals on and burned them slightly with a blowtorch and wet and dry sanded it with some 320 grit. then i sprayed the inside with white primer and taped it off and sprayed it with gloss black. after it dries im gonna wet and dry sand it too to age to match the rest. thats it for now.

Wow, thats wild! :D

Cool! I am getting back into the scene again now. Hope you will come is it. We are planing a build off soon. :D

Re: I'm in love with a 'Stripper

highwheelerboy25 said:
i recently found the correct shimano shifter and will be installing it and the correct Iverson chainguard. i bought a girls iverson mini miss just for the chainguard and stripped the paint and repainted it poorly with some Krylon pumpkin orange and put the decals on and burned them slightly with a blowtorch and wet and dry sanded it with some 320 grit. then i sprayed the inside with white primer and taped it off and sprayed it with gloss black. after it dries im gonna wet and dry sand it too to age to match the rest. thats it for now.

I don't think I have ever seen that chainguard. That is really slick!

Latest posts

Back