Stingray, just for fun

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Natrona Heights, PA- 20 Miles NE of Pittsburgh
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had picked up this 1980 Stingray a while ago. I had thought about restoring it, but when I traced the serial number and found out the year, I decided it wasn't worth it. So just for fun, I redid it with mostly aftermarket parts. The crank and headset are still Schwinn, that and the frame is about it. I wanted to try out lacing a wheel, so I bought a new rim and put in a 3-speed Shimano hub I had. The bike looks better then it does in the pictures. Now I just don't know what I will do with it. Even going the low buck route, I still have about $100.00 in it. I was planning on doing it for myself, but after spending so much time around here, it is just to boring. I am going to do something much cooler for me.

stingray.jpg

102_2732.jpg

102_2733.jpg

102_2734.jpg

I think the BMX stuff that was put on it might get me a few bucks back. They are in great shape.

Quite an approvement michaelscycles, you may be able to sell or trade some of those BMX parts right here in the classifieds.

First off, I'd like to say great job! Looks beautiful... great color.
Second... I'm a vintage BMX junky... I'm a little sad to see it switched over.
I've been searching for one of those for quite a while. If you get your hands
on another, let me know. I'll snatch it from you in a heartbeat. :mrgreen:

mybike1 said:
First off, I'd like to say great job! Looks beautiful... great color.
Second... I'm a vintage BMX junky... I'm a little sad to see it switched over.
I've been searching for one of those for quite a while. If you get your hands
on another, let me know. I'll snatch it from you in a heartbeat. :mrgreen:
Thanks, I like it much better now. I do have a few vintage BMX bikes that I will be getting rid of. The best is a Huffy 2-speed. I forget, I think it is a Pro Thunder Z-2, or something like that. It is all original, but not in perfect shape. Wait a minute, I think I have some pics. I apologize for their quality, I wasn't trying to take good pics, I was just trying to keep track of bikes I took in. What do you think of these?
100_2516.jpg

100_2517.jpg

100_2514.jpg

100_2515.jpg

100_2539.jpg

100_2549.jpg

if the red bmx is still avialable what are you askin for it? 8)

Back