Some pictures of my project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the story is, this bike is finished, but i didnt get any pictures of it. The bike was finished literally the last hours of my summer break, then disassembled to be shipped here to NY. I did take a few pictures along the way and id like to share with you some of what i did to get the bike where it is now. In one week the bike should be here in good shape (knock on wood) and i cant wait to take pictures and share with you the finished product.

So to get down to it, the bike was a 1943 Shelby Hiawatha. before pictures shows only the silver rattle can paint job on the frame, but there was also a layer on green over a layer of factory red. The idea i was going for was to make a military themed bicycle that i could bring back to school. I believe "Karfer67" said it best when he said it "could be like making a [Felt] MP, only cool."

d199_12.jpg

This is how it looked when i got it.
frame1.jpg

frame
crap032.jpg

I wish i could have gotten the bike when it matched these fenders.
0714071651a1.jpg

sand blasted and primed. Welded a crack near the drop out
crap035.jpg

The paint i went with a dark green, sort of military.
crap036.jpg

nice and smooth
crap041.jpg

finally, white tips on the fenders. I felt this would be a nice look.

Now again i am really sorry that these are all the pictures i have, AT THE MOMENT. but when the bike gets here in a week, im going to put it together and ride it somewhere to take pictures.

Ahh man those asiacs are So comfertable i got a pair just like them :lol: :lol:

i like the build up pics. too bad you did not take some while we were thrashing it together in the shop that day. i am very impressed by it good job.

Back