SoCal Wildfire pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At home today under threat of evacuation, don't think we'll really see it here but who knows(lots of high digit homes to be saved in Rancho Santa Fe between me and the fires). I'm 10-15 miles from the nearest fire but with the Santa Anas blowing I'm downwind of 3 of the bigger ones.

Like earthquakes youlearn to live with this out here, it's kind of neat you get a very surreal Martian light to the local surroundings, surfing was like being on another planet this morning didn't hurt we had great waves.

Mid-morning sun

IMG_0468.jpg

Toook a flash shot so you can see how much stuff is raining down, cattle in background started to move for some reason. not really anywhere to go, very small pasture.

IMG_0465.jpg

Looking North towards San Marcos fire, not sure if the brighter light is fire

IMG_0467.jpg

wow! looks like you are pretty close. i am in socal (placentia) not as close to you, but you are right, it is something you have to deal with when living here. hurricane speed winds last night, ash and smoke in the air, i wouldn't want to live anywhere else. hopefully you dont have to evacuate. thanks for sharing the pictures.

Well they just started putting out the reverse 911 call, time to pack up the computer, some clothes and vamanos. Got the Marines out helping the evacuation.

Man, the air absolutely sucks right now, toxic crap from all the houses burning

my sister in law is an "emergency fire fighter person"tho i dont think she ever gets called to Cal., also had an uncle north of fresno that his insurance made him clear out any bush/shrub for 100 ft or so away from the place hed bought, still its scary how fast those things can move !!! hope alls well in the end for ya.

I have some friends whose daugter lives in Ramona and the whole town was evac'd. She and her family drove for 4 hours and made it to a motel in Poway and then was able to stay in an empty house provided by a realty company. They are still waiting on word of San Dieago Country Estates being spared?
It has to be a mess out there!!! Keep them in our thoughts!!! Thanks

Luckily the Santa Anas backed off much more than predicted added to that the air power that arrived and out of the area/state firefighters( all doing a great job under horrendous conditions) able to get back to the house today. Luckily the guys that were injured are at one of the best burn units at UCSD, had to induce a coma in one bombero.

All roads even close to a fire were shut down solid, so stayed at the beach, Moonlight to be exact took a few more pics

About an hour from sunset
IMG_0476.jpg

surf now worry later, nice little barrel section at moonlight
IMG_0490.jpg

Another flash shot, felt like valve lapping compound being blown in your eyes, had a respirator on.
IMG_0500.jpg

Sunrise this morning toward sRancho Santa Fe, air alot cleaner
IMG_0511.jpg

Next couple of shots show all the crap in the ocean, didn't pick it up weel but all the soot and ash looks like an oil slick out there,

dolphins fishing under the bloom

IMG_0519.jpg

Swamis shows a little better

IMG_0520.jpg

cashman, I heard that most of the places were spared but there is some damage. Right now they have a flare-up going out that way, The wind is switching back to our normal onshore flow so some of the fires are actually circling around and hitting places that were already hit

I don't think we'll know for another 2 days exact damage reports

Socal_jack, Your situation seems to be tolerable I hope!!! Great Pictures!!!My friends daughter Candy and her family are fine and staying in an empty house that her Realtor had available in the Poway area. We'll keep all you guys affected by this in our thoughts. Good luck!!!

Yeah, but if the Santa Anas had lasted one more day at full intensity like they were supposed to, the fire may have run to the coast. It was stopped only several miles from it, and probably 2 miles straightaway from me.

I was watching the local news here in MI and they showed a clip from KMFB The local SD chanel I used to watch. It was of Larry Himmel reporting from his house in Del Mar as it was burning to the ground. I alwasy hated the Santa Annas even without the fires. Try to stay safe, prayers go out to SoCal...Kelly

Back