Show Your Aluminum Builds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My bike really doesn't stand out much, same old same old, but when one looks closer it's what ya do when days gone by leave ya with NEW.
Not a bad thing don't get me wrong it really surprised me when I stood back and looked at it when I was done. From a distance it looks like an old school and again I tried to stay true. Stuff like the headset, even though NOS 1 1/8 threaded Odyssey Toro Pro is days gone by. Rocking a
Team Schwinn blue anodized King sting crankset was difficult to locate in the condition I needed so I sourced that bombshell crank with E20 spindle Halo 4 weight but yet has a 1-ton torsional twist capacity and they're ceramic bearing bottom bracket/ chainring & a 12spd Taya blu anno chain. The Profile racing clasic hubs but the rear w/135mm spacing & provisions for a disc...front is high flange BMX (classic). The snafu anorexic pedals were chosen cuz (3 sealed bearings/brass bushing, e20 tool steel spindles, lite/good looks. @ a $100 price point fit the bill. And yeah, ODI/Van's grips. They did the Van's checkerboard/"off the wall" lazor etching for me to add to the OG flair I was lookin to achieve. This wasn't just going online with a credit card and buying random... it was very thought out and I did my best to stay reminiscent of what I once knew. If it had been an old chrome 80's Schwinn kroozer frame I would have went accordingly but this Y2K aluminum frame opened unfamiliar doors to explore. Going back reevaluate the build (engineering 101) had me sourcing titanium hardware. Bombshell and Profile racing helped with that too. JW Machine and Design out of Ohio were on board also making sure my bits were true to form. Chain tensioners, stem and other little things that I didn't question when I opened the package. I know all of you are probably sick of hearing my Babel but I am so surprised how many companies helped with this project. They are not just giving stuff away but pointed me in the right direction and we're more concerned with what I was doing then what was in my wallet. Originally this bike what's being built 4A local Detroit music celebrity and he... we will just say punked out on the deal. It then became my baby hand I was not going to just stop it in a box on a Shelf. He wanted to do a bike like this because I let him borrow my 84 Schwinn Chrome cantilever Cruiser with all old school red anodized stuff. I am very fortunate I got her back and put her back in her tomb.

My bike really doesn't stand out much, same old same old, but when one looks closer it's what ya do when days gone by leave ya with NEW.
Not a bad thing don't get me wrong it really surprised me when I stood back and looked at it when I was done. From a distance it looks like an old school and again I tried to stay true. Stuff like the headset, even though NOS 1 1/8 threaded Odyssey Toro Pro is days gone by. Rocking a
Team Schwinn blue anodized King sting crankset was difficult to locate in the condition I needed so I sourced that bombshell crank with E20 spindle Halo 4 weight but yet has a 1-ton torsional twist capacity and they're ceramic bearing bottom bracket/ chainring & a 12spd Taya blu anno chain. The Profile racing clasic hubs but the rear w/135mm spacing & provisions for a disc...front is high flange BMX (classic). The snafu anorexic pedals were chosen cuz (3 sealed bearings/brass bushing, e20 tool steel spindles, lite/good looks. @ a $100 price point fit the bill. And yeah, ODI/Van's grips. They did the Van's checkerboard/"off the wall" lazor etching for me to add to the OG flair I was lookin to achieve. This wasn't just going online with a credit card and buying random... it was very thought out and I did my best to stay reminiscent of what I once knew. If it had been an old chrome 80's Schwinn kroozer frame I would have went accordingly but this Y2K aluminum frame opened unfamiliar doors to explore. Going back reevaluate the build (engineering 101) had me sourcing titanium hardware. Bombshell and Profile racing helped with that too. JW Machine and Design out of Ohio were on board also making sure my bits were true to form. Chain tensioners, stem and other little things that I didn't question when I opened the package. I know all of you are probably sick of hearing my Babel but I am so surprised how many companies helped with this project. They are not just giving stuff away but pointed me in the right direction and we're more concerned with what I was doing then what was in my wallet. Originally this bike what's being built 4A local Detroit music celebrity and he... we will just say punked out on the deal. It then became my baby hand I was not going to just stop it in a box on a Shelf. He wanted to do a bike like this because I let him borrow my 84 Schwinn Chrome cantilever Cruiser with all old school red anodized stuff. I am very fortunate I got her back and put her back in her tomb.
How a current Dodge Challenger looks ol skool & even has a Hemi.
This is kinda like that. (Ol/New)

Attachments

• 20210823_200856.jpg
    20210823_200856.jpg
    347.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 20210823_200838.jpg
    20210823_200838.jpg
    476.8 KB · Views: 51
1936 silverking cafe racer rat. Sorry Kingfish stole the Gaskills higgins tack, tank idea. Was non member when I started, need to mount and paint tank.

No worries from me man. It looks cool on there. We all get ideas from each other and blend them into something else. Cool build.

Here is my HEXtreme build from Build Off 16.

20210906_170002.jpg
001a 20210905_160846 (2).jpg
001a2b 20210905_150105.jpg
001a3 20210905_155841.jpg
001q 20210905_160931 (2).jpg
001s2 20210905_170146.jpg
001f5 20210905_150133.jpg

Back