Schwinn Stingray patents

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have searched Google patents the regular Google and this site trying to find the patents for the Schwinn Stingray. Anyone know where I can find it or some blueprints or something. I want to create a CAD like very accurate drawing and be able to modify it with some frame mods or whatever to visualize it before building in reality.
Thanks

Von.... the patents you are looking for are not for the "Stingray" per se.... but rather the Cantilever Frame. A "Stingray" is simply a 20" wheeled cantilever frame dressed up with a banana seat and high handlebars. As far as I can tell, the Stingray was not patented.

the Cantilever Frame was patented, as was the Springer Fork.... and at least one lawsuit was filed over an infringement around 1950.

i would say draw up a frame then get one and measure all the lengths and angles. i dont think they have the patent on the stingray anymore and obviously not for the big cruisers. what are you planning on doing?

i ment more like what mods did he want to do sorry to come off like a dork :oops:

Back