Schwinn Skipper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked this up today. It needs wheels, but otherwise is in pretty nice shape. I'm not sure on the year. Serial H133970.
003.jpg

001.jpg

004.jpg

002.jpg

Thanks for the info. I've been passing by it for the last year, Last night I ran into the owner by total coincidence, his wife took my wifes, and daughters H.S. senior pics!
Here's a shot of the hub, could it be original? I was also curious about the bars, would they be correct for this bike?
005.jpg

The rear wheel and hub is probably original, the Skipper came with white wheels and a red band hub. Someone put a larger sprocket on that hub, new it was probably a 19 tooth, looks like a 22 on there, so it will pedal easy, but not very fast. It's probably S-7, standard 26" tires won't fit. The handlebars and stem aren't Schwinn, but the seat looks like the original, it's Schwinn and the right color and style for that bike. The front wheel isn't Schwinn either, it's a standard size 26" though. What's nice is that frame, it was only made for a short period of time, and it's the one with the 2 tubes connected all the way back. And the original paint looks ok, it might shine up great, Schwinn paint is known to hold up well. However, the white trim and lettering on the chain guard will rub off with a good scrubbing.

From the 61 Catalog, this shows the version where the 2 tubes didn't go all the way back;
sv3sl5.jpg

Back