Redline MonoCog 26"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got this one shipped to me last week... an early (2003-2004) Redline MonoCog 26" single speed BMX/MTB

The previous owner set it up for trail duty - Race Face forged alloy cranks, Easton bars, FSA Pig headset, cross country wheels and tires, etc.

It's 4130 chromoly steel frame and fork, but surprisingly light. Rides great! 110mm BMX style rear axle spacing.

It has these cool roller thingies instead of noodles on the Cannondale v-brakes... they operate very smoothly

IMAG0296_zpsf41391c4.jpg

IMAG0297_zpsdbf3b5ad.jpg

Re: Redline MonoCog 26"

Those rollers are called Travel Agents. They allow you to use older canto brake or road bike levers with V Brakes.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

outskirtscustoms said:
Nice pick up. I'd throw some BMX bars on it and call it a day.
I was thinking 3-4 rise motocross with a really short stem, that'd be a hoot in town.

The seatpost is backward and find a shorter stem for it. Looks like a 120mm on there, find a 50 or 90mm and the bike will handle way better. Otherwise it's going to be a blast to ride, Monocogs are great bikes, I've got the 29er version and love it.

mikeeebikey said:
outskirtscustoms said:
Nice pick up. I'd throw some BMX bars on it and call it a day.
I was thinking 3-4 rise motocross with a really short stem, that'd be a hoot in town.

driver bob said:
The seatpost is backward and find a shorter stem for it. Looks like a 120mm on there, find a 50 or 90mm and the bike will handle way better. Otherwise it's going to be a blast to ride, Monocogs are great bikes, I've got the 29er version and love it.

Yep, I'm thinking the same thing... about 4" rise moto bars and a BMX stem. I thought that seatpost might be backwards... the seat is too far forward. In fact, riding it set up like this feels like I'm too far forward. Maybe the guy that had it before me felt this was better for climbing. The seat was up much higher, too.

Try keeping the EA50s that are on there, just rotate them back so the rise has less forward tilt. If anything they need a slight negative tilt or to be "neutral" in rotation.

They will feel much better then, I promise !!

driver bob said:
Try keeping the EA50s that are on there, just rotate them back so the rise has less forward tilt. If anything they need a slight negative tilt or to be "neutral" in rotation.

They will feel much better then, I promise !!

I'll see if I have a shorter MTB stem laying around that I can swap out and will give it a try - thanks!

Back