Re-chroming Bike Wheels

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I got my parts back from "The Chrome Shop" in Illinois and was pretty happy with them. Price was as quoted and it took about a month to do. Slingshot fender was $60, crank and sprocket for @$30 each. Changed my $5 painted huffy shorty fender to a beautiful chrome finish for my slingshot project. The crank for my sons 40 Hawthorne turned out beautiful. You should consider them for your chrome work.

Thanks. I ended up going to West Coast Chrome in Modesto (Central Valley). 3 times cheaper. They did as I asked and didn't loose the knurling or stamping on my S-5s but there was a touch of spotting (pitting?) near those areas. The sissy bar came out really nice. $60 per rim and $40 for the sissy bar. We will see how the S-6 set comes out - very light knurling to start with....

Muskegon chrome does good work and started off with bicycles. Very friendly guy runs the place. 1-800-383-4277, in michigan as well.

Muskegon chrome does good work and started off with bicycles. Very friendly guy runs the place. 1-800-383-4277, in michigan as well.

This would be Proctor's that we had discussed. They've moved to Norton Shores, MI per their web site. They do some nice work.

Latest posts

Back