"Purple Crush" 1988 Huffy Good Vibrations Re-build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The Ridge CA (The Armpit USA) Ridgecrest/China La
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The is the Huffy I am working on for my wife. I assembled it once, but I broke it down to paint again after some failed decal work. I put a new purple grape top coat and today I coated the frame with a reflective clear coat. This is goin to be great. The wheels need to be re-built and painted. My wife doesn't like the idea of red wall tires with black wheels, but I think it would be smashing.

Here's a pic of the first incomplete build.
PIC-0027.jpg

Here's a pic of the new build.
Painted frames
PIC-0034.jpg

PIC-0033.jpg

What do you think?
Any Suggestions?

Re: "Purple Crush" Female Huffy -Rebuild

It needs white accents of some sort and some yellow here and there. Think Plum Crazy Plymouth Challenger from the late 60s.

purp.jpg

I just stripped all of the enamel from the stem clamp and the solid crank. I'm planning on stripping the wheels and painting them black and leaving the nipples silver. Still working on my wife on those red wall tires. I also suggested yellow a week ago, but it was a no go. I think I may go with white or bright silver striping or decals. will get back to work in the morning.

Pls post suggestions.

Leave it as is and just add some nice good quality white walls. All purple is fine

Re: "Purple Crush" Female Huffy Good Vibrations Re-build

I think I'll be mounting a pair of wheels with white walls from my Murray Westport on this Huffy. My wife wouldn't go for the red walls last night

Re: "Purple Crush" Female Huffy Good Vibrations Re-build

This is what I have done today.

PIC-0037.jpg

I machined the crank and the kickstand. Also pictured are the new coaster brake clamp and chrome top plate for the front forks.

PIC-0040.jpg

I machined the bolts and nuts for the handle bars and polished them up.

PIC-0039.jpg

I spruced up the tires and wheels. I used some AutoZone degreaser on the hubs. It worked very well after three treatments. The GUNK foaming degreaser is more powerful and probably would have only needed one or two treatment. I wish I would have taken a picture of the wheels before cleaning them. These wheels are from my Murray Westport project bike. I'll be mounting 24inch mtb wheels that I just laced last week with a Shimano rear coaster hub. Those will be paired with 24x3 inch tires on my Murray Westport project.

PIC-0035.jpg

PIC-0036.jpg

PIC-0038.jpg

The frame and fork after satin clearcoat.

Sexy Lady by the pool "Purple Crush" Huffy Good Vibrations

She's almost finished! Just a few accessories and decals to add and we will be ready for the beach.
1988 Huffy "Good Vibrations"
PIC-0041.jpg
PIC-0042.jpg
PIC-0043.jpg
PIC-0044.jpg
PIC-0045.jpg
PIC-0046.jpg
PIC-0047.jpg

Re: Sexy Lady by the pool -no bikini

She's a pretty lady. I can't wait for her paint to fully dry so I can apply a coat of wax. Make her nice and shiny. I'm thinking about a pair of Giant Simple Tires for her. I can stand to have some cleaner white walls. Those are at least 10 yrs old.

Latest posts

Back