Present

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ace

Reaction score
My girlfriend got me (well, us really) a new bike today :mrgreen: gotta love her !

3557081964_7c0fe1980f_b.jpg

3556270443_d2f83d0b35_b.jpg

Spotted this bike for sale today but thought nah, not another bike, where do I put it ? :mrgreen:
So she simply went back and bought this limo-sized Phat tandem for me 8)
Just have to find a way to store it in the shed, the ceiling is always an option.
Only thing is we have to wait untill tuesday for delivery before we can testdrive it, but we'll manage I guess. :lol:
Life can be good !

is that new and where did ya get it. or, who sells em. thanks

Outlaw

i found a dealer for em here in seattle. the site said $879.00. when i get back off my trip will go take a look at em. always wanted a tandem and this one looks like my wife can ride it as she is only 4'8".

Outlaw

Rat Rod said:
That's probably the coolest tandem I've seen to date. :D

Yep, same here, I love the flow of that frame 8) it's pretty long as well: 2.60 meters :shock:

OUTLAW said:
always wanted a tandem and this one looks like my wife can ride it as she is only 4'8".

This tandem will fit a wide range of people. The frame is low, and the seatposts are pretty long, so you get a big range of settings.
I just checked http://www.phatcycles.com and the weird thing is it's called a limo seven and has a 7-speed derailleur, but ours has a 3-speed Nexushub. Must be a european thing ? I don't mind though, I don't like open gears anyway.

Can't wait 'till tuesday :mrgreen:

Bike received yesterday, had a test-run with my gf, and we had a blast !

It does take a bit of practise, especially synchronising take off, and getting to a stand still, but my god, does a tandem run fast with double the power to one backwheel ! Yiha ! Once we get to third gear we are like a rocket ! :mrgreen:

Here's a few more pics of the beast after adding some lights and adjusting heights:

3570829262_4f06f15d0d_b.jpg

Quite clever way to adjust chain-tension on the front chain:

3570017825_d9010ca93f_b.jpg

The pedals have a soft rubber side for barefoot peddling, a true beach cruiser 8)

3570830100_b015ddfa4c_b.jpg

Chain set-up:

3570018775_da7b8d2144_b.jpg

We fell in love with this bike after first take off, this is fun ! :mrgreen:

You know, I thought Electra's tandem was uber cool. That thing is great!! I wish I had a way to haul a tandem on my camping trips, I would have one in a second!! Wife would be able to go on rides with Boy and me.

I love our Electra's, no doubt about it. But this Phat limo is tops !
Here are some of the contestants:

Schwinn tandems:

33%20Schwinn%20Tango%20Tandem%20-%20White&Red.jpg

61%20Schwinn%20Sierra%20Tandem%20-%20Red.jpg

Electra tandem:

hellbilly%20tandem.JPG

Our Phat tandem is way cooler:

3570829262_4f06f15d0d_b.jpg

8) :mrgreen: :lol: just kidding...that Electra tandem looks great as well 8)

Looks great! It's nice to have the V-brakes, my old Columbia has a rear coaster and a caliper up front. Stopping it is like playing the lottery. :shock:

Brakingpower is excellent on our tandem, especially considering the combined weight of bike + 2 persons = 200+ kgs, but am anxious to see what happens when it rains. As braking is crucial when going fast, which happens quite easily on a tandem we noticed :mrgreen: I already decided to install a drumbrake up front if all systems fail in the wet. We'll have to wait and see when/if that happens.

Back