UNLIMITED Brood XIX *WIND EATER*

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gonna be cool to see where you use the heater case. At first, I was guessing up front like a fairing, but I am betting you might enclose the rear like an old Cushman.

1716228578800.png

Right now it is a bike. I don't anticipate getting that motor running until much later this year at best.

I rode it yesterday and I can say that (at any age) pedaling a regular bike is by far easier than pedaling this thing!!! :21:

I hated to have to destroy the 80-year-old Bakelite knob... but I did.

IMG_7517.JPG

I gave it every chance possible, even soaking it overnight with PB but it refused to cooperate. It was chipped anyway.

Right now it is a bike. I don't anticipate getting that motor running until much later this year at best.

I rode it yesterday and I can say that (at any age) pedaling a regular bike is by far easier than pedaling this thing!!! :21:
The gearing is ridiculous on these things.
I have two Trac and 3 Indian, I refuse to pedal them.

While not a fan of electric cars etc. This might be a good candidate for an electric conversion.
It's just that I don't have the time right now to devote to the engine. Converting to electric would probably require even more time. Thanks for the idea though. :happy:

are those knobs available? Maybe a replica could be 3D printed.
They are available but I wasn't going to use it anyway, just had to get it out of the way to take the guts out.

The gearing is ridiculous on these things.
I have two Trac and 3 Indian, I refuse to pedal them.
Yeah, I think they made mopeds just to get around motorcycle laws. No one in their right mind would ride it as a bicycle. However, it would be an alternative to pushing it home when it runs out of gas. :21:

I removed some parts and roughly propped up a few bicycle parts along with the heater tin and the little V shaped tin just to start playing with them.

IMG_7519.JPG

I've got a pile of various chainguards put away but this one was a recent arrival that was close at hand. I may have saved myself the trouble of going through them all because I'm really liking how this one looks. The rear rack is a Colorflow. I'm probably sticking with it also even though I have others.

Any guesses about the direction of the build yet? The heater is a dead give away in my mind!

*Hint: It sounds like pieseldunk.:wink1:

1716344314441.png

a retrofuturisticsubgenre of science fiction similar to steampunk or cyberpunk that combines the aesthetics of the diesel-based technology of the interwar period through to the 1950s with retro-futuristic technology

An example of dieselpunk art
Retro futurism is definitely one of my favorite aesthetics 👍
Mine too! I've had this moped for a few years now and have wanted to do something with it but wasn't sure what. Then I got the heater and it lit a fire (pun intended) in the ideas for this project! Having fun!

Latest posts

Back