Please Help Me Identify My Bikes.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have a beautiful bike, someguy83. I was actually thinking that my bike looked like a coast king. :)
Though how accurate is the guy from the NBHAA Oldbicycle.com? I sent him pictures of my bike and all he said was it was a 1960 Ross that was missing almost all it's parts.

Aluyasha said:
Another question. I want to get tires for my Ross or whatever it is so I can eventually ride it. I need to buy the whole tire setup (rims, tubing, tread). What type of tire do I buy? Is it called balloon tires? I thought I heard cruiser bike tires being called that. :)

Also how do I tell what size tires to buy?
I will post exact size tires brand of tires and the hub and spoke count for you based on what is on my bike in the garage

Aluyasha said:
You have a beautiful bike, someguy83. I was actually thinking that my bike looked like a coast king. :)
Though how accurate is the guy from the NBHAA Oldbicycle.com? I sent him pictures of my bike and all he said was it was a 1960 Ross that was missing almost all it's parts.

It is a Ross though. Coast King was a brand, not manufacturer, and they like many brands got bicycles from different suppliers over the years.

someguy83 said:
Aluyasha said:
Another question. I want to get tires for my Ross or whatever it is so I can eventually ride it. I need to buy the whole tire setup (rims, tubing, tread). What type of tire do I buy? Is it called balloon tires? I thought I heard cruiser bike tires being called that. :)

Also how do I tell what size tires to buy?
I will post exact size tires brand of tires and the hub and spoke count for you based on what is on my bike in the garage
Well this may or may not exactly help the tires are 24x1.75 (which makes perfect sense for the size of bike). The tires on mine are made by Dae Yung and made in Korea(not unfathomable to think they are not the originals). The rear hub is a Perry B-500 made in England and stamped 28 13 [not sure if an English hub would have been originally installed on an American made bike (according to the head badge)]
The grips are marked on the top "Trim Grip"(this is in a raised script)
Pedals are marked on one side of the block as "Easy Running" and "chairs" on the adjacent side.

Latest posts

Back