Picked up this mag

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I grabbed this today because it looked pretty cool and has an three speed hub. Not a makers mark to be found, but the rim says made in Canada. Anyone ever seen one? Thanks. Joe

image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

It looks like a Iverson or Webco rim that has been cut out. I doubt they did that so it is probably a cnc cut spokes. How is it attached to the rim? Is it riveted or bolted through the spoke holes? I have never seen a 3 speed Webco or Iverson mag wheel. That is a really cool looking wheel. Nice Score on it.

It looks like a Iverson or Webco rim that has been cut out. I doubt they did that so it is probably a cnc cut spokes. How is it attached to the rim? Is it riveted or bolted through the spoke holes? I have never seen a 3 speed Webco or Iverson mag wheel. That is a really cool looking wheel. Nice Score on it.

Thanks for that info, Jaxon. I saw it and had to have it.
It's definitely not a Webco or an Iverson. The chrome hoop is bolted to the spokes.
Not a single makers mark on the spokes. The seller seemed pretty adamant that the hoop was a CCM and the hub was a shimano. Either way, I grabbed it. And another just like it, minus the rear hub.

Forget the hoop and hub they are cheap. The CNC work on the spokes is what's happening. The Screamer mag wheel has one rivet that holds the spokes to the rim. If this was a factory wheel you would not see empty spoke holes. It would only have the holes to bolt the spokes. Someone did a great job making it. If you want to sell the other wheel I would be interested.

Ha! Welcome to Toronto again nyc3et!
Did you happen snag those cool wheels from George down at @1 Fraser by chance? He's having a moving sale and is usually a decent source for oddball stuff.
I didn't see them there last week when I dropped by, but he previously had a half dozen on consignment from a a local closed shops owner.
TheHideoutandBatavus005_zpsa62a619f.jpg

Last edited:
Forget the hoop and hub they are cheap. The CNC work on the spokes is what's happening. The Screamer mag wheel has one rivet that holds the spokes to the rim. If this was a factory wheel you would not see empty spoke holes. It would only have the holes to bolt the spokes. Someone did a great job making it. If you want to sell the other wheel I would be interested.

Very cool. Yo
Ha! Welcome to Toronto again nyc3et!
Did you happen snag those cool wheels from George down at @1 Fraser by chance? He's having a moving sale and is usually is a decent source for oddball stuff.
I didn't see them there last week when I dropped by, but he previously had a half dozen on consignment from a a local closed shops owner.
TheHideoutandBatavus005_zpsa62a619f.jpg

I did.
Where'd you get that one pictured?

Not certain how the hub is attached. I'll let you know when I extract this one.

Very cool, just need a bike just as cool now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those would make any bike look cool. They look cast to me, but it is weird they seem to be an insert, rather than an entire mag. One think I do know, they are pretty darn neat.

Here are some more shots of just the mag.
Each mag arm has two machined holes into which the rim fastening bolts are threaded. You can make them out in the third photo.image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    393.8 KB · Views: 204
That is so cool, wow. What is inside diameter of the rim it was mounted in? I wonder if it would fit in other rims, hmmm.

Jaxon, not sure how much CNC work was done on it, by the close up photos it appears to be cast, probably aluminum. Still a cool piece to mount on a muscle bike.

Back