pick up...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey,

havent been on here much, but have been busy...

been riding the bikes a lot, finally... it was 75 degrees here today.

also been working on the "rat wife" bike, should have some pics soon, and will update that thread too...

the pick up...

this is funny, last night my brother and i cut the roof off my dad's volvo 240 wagon, while he was asleep on the couch... to make it a pick up truck... we may be in over our heads :mrgreen:

these are crappy pics from my phone, will try to get some with a real camera tomorrow in the daylight...

my brother and his sawzall...
04-22-07_2008.jpg

it sounded like a good idea at the time...
04-22-07_2116.jpg

04-22-07_2119.jpg

it's ok to laugh... :p

oct.

Ummmm, aren't those cars unibody construction? If so, you probably don't want to open the doors until things are braced up a bit. :shock: :shock:

I applaud your bravery

-Mp

how do you say el camino in swedish?

i think it may need a mad max style ram bar on the front...

the best part is my dad is a mechanic at the local volvo dealership...
and this is his the car he drives to work :lol:

the only thing he's said so far is: "as long as you guys finish it..."

he also said he already likes the way it looks...

are they unibody? i dont know... get the welder...

Multipass said:
Ummmm, aren't those cars unibody construction? If so, you probably don't want to open the doors until things are braced up a bit. :shock: :shock:

I applaud your bravery

-Mp

just weld in a roll bar with some KC lights on top, works with the MADMAX theme too, please post some more pics oct. this is entertaining :shock: :D

Great thinkin. Functional with Volvo's legendary safety. Are you keeping the rear seats?

Maybe you could get a job in their design dept.

volvoxc.jpg
[/img]

240's are unibody cars. If you look around you'll notice that there are no factory installed sunroofs on the 245 (240 wagon), only the sedans. As I understand it Volvo felt that the structural integrity of the 245 would be sacrificed by installing a sunroof. Not sure why, but that was the buzz among the Volvo experts on the SwedishBricks lists. With any unibody car if you're gonna remove the roof you'll want reinforce the structural integrity of the car in some way. Yep I'm a former 240 owner, two 1982 240 Turbos, an intercooled and slightly modded 245 and a stock 244. You might check out the TurboBricks site and see if anyone can advise you on reinforcing the chassis. I've seen a couple 240 "trucks" done up before so I know it can be done safely. Cool project!

Back