Old School BMX Rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got this old school Free Spirit BMX bike today, as also shown in Fresh Finds. It's in horrible shape but that allows me to give it a rat treatment. Every miscellaneous part I have no use for will now have a purpose in life. Oh yes, it'll be a rat.

But every metal tube is screwed up. Can anyone say sledge hammer time? :mrgreen:

DSC04522.jpg

I finally got the bike down to its frame. Here are some pictures during that process.

DSC04527.jpg

DSC04530.jpg

DSC04531.jpg

:mrgreen:
DSC04532.jpg

I attempted to straighten out the frame. Wow, steel is strong. :shock: That is all I have to say about that. :lol: If any of you have any suggestions, let me know, thank you.

i have a frame very similar to that, but mines chrome, and the gusset is a little different. who made that one? sears?

stretch said:
i have a frame very similar to that, but mines chrome, and the gusset is a little different. who made that one? sears?

Please tell me that yours doesn't look as bad as mine, lol. But yes sir, it's made by Sears. I looked on the rear hub and it has a Bendix coaster brake which is dated 1976.

lol nope. the chrome is actually pretty good. the only bad thing is, someone cut off the bracket for the brakes, and put dents in some of the tubes trying to get out the stuck seatpost, i presume.. that someone being me.. :oops: how rare are these things?

finally a BMX based build! yay! man that bike would have been awesome. but its all dinged up so may as well go hard, and do something crazy!

so i wouldnt offend anyone if i wanted to cut it up? :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back