*** Official "Giving is Good" parts donation threa

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
38   0   1
OK, I think we have a few who have stepped up to the plate to donate some items, let's make it official! Gonna make a list of parts and you can reply to the thread as to what you want to donate. The only thing I ask is that if you agree to do it that you follow thru. Bikes without parts won't work too good. Also, i had an idea about donating parts for two bikes - one boys bike and one girls bike.

Low_Life will need to supply us with the address and hopefully he can inventory the stuff as it arrives.

Boys bike

Frame
Chainguard
Fork
Fenders
Crank
Sprocket
Seatpost
Seat
Wheels
Tires
Tubes
Coaster/Wheels
Light
Horn
Pedals
Goose neck
Handle Bars
Hand Grips
Chain

Girls bike

Frame - Yeshoney
Chainguard - Yeshoney
Fork - Yeshoney
Fenders
Crank
Sprocket
Seatpost
Seat
Wheels
Tires
Tubes
Coaster/Wheels
Light
Horn
Pedals
Goose neck
Handle Bars
Hand Grips
Chain

What kind of bike. vintage? bmx? Just to clearify that way we can the right parts together. LMK thanks

Good Question DD!

I was gonna donate my Roadmaster Girls frame,tank,fork and chainguard. i guess if we donate enough parts they can always improvise. They seem to have access to parts. Do you think if we decide on a frame Canti, BMX, 10 speed, or ??? and post a pic it will help with figuring out what parts to donate? I think so but PM me if you want to discuss. As I write this we got 15 looks at this post and only DD so far? Heck with 450 registered users we could easily donate enough parts to make a dozen sweet rides for these kids ~ remember they are doing the work so they do have something invested in it themselves and we RRBF get to do a virtual design here. How coool is that (three o's in cool!)?

~~Joe ~~

I've got some 26" forks and I think there's some extra cruiser handlebars around.

I'll dig through my pile o' parts this weekend to see what I've got.

-Mp

How old are these kids. I just picked up 3 complete 20 inchers about an hour ago from the dump! Huffy I think!

I would donate somthing dad wont let me keep nothing.. Hes making me get rid of bikes.... Im keeping them at a buddys house :(

I have a Vintage Leather "Lycett" made in England saddle.
It had Knarley Front and Back Springs that are Huge and exposed in True Vintage ratty Style,

The Leather is in Good shape and it Reaks of Style,
it's actually one of my Coziest saddles..
as seen on my Schwinn Build..
I'll Pull it off the Schwinn Build...

They can Have it..right out from under my Butt.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
send me The mailing Info Yeshoney.
peace,
Kev.
1956SchwinnBuild0002.jpg

parts is parts but wheels and tires make it a bike so I will happily donate a
pair of new tires , rim strips and tubes ...for ? bmx ,street.. size ?
address to send them to please.....missing from the list....head set and
bb bearing set

Latest posts

Back